It could be that you are planning to visit Delhi with your friends and want to make the most of your trip. There are plenty of cool places here that you can enjoy with your friends. Delhi is an amazing city well known for its amazing architecture, delicious food, markets, party’s history, etc. You can capture pictures to create wonderful memories. This city is also popular for its restaurants offering diverse cuisines, cafes, street food and clubs. JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi is the best place to stay during the trip and to derive star experience.
Unique places to hang out with friends in Delhi
- Kalindi Kunj
You should definitely make a trip to this amusement park to enjoy the water games as well as wild rides. There are exciting rides offered at Entertainment City, pools and water slides at Splash Waterpark including the Delhi Eye or giant Ferris at Kalindi Kunj. You can get down at Sarita Vihar or Jasola Apollo Metro Station and get an auto to reach this park. Close to Delhi Eye is located some restaurants that you can try out like Chicken Kings, Mughal Cuisine, Nawaz, etc. It is located at Jasola Bihar, Abul Fazal Enclave and open between 9am and 8pm.
- Moti Bagh
If you are looking for something exciting and adventurous, Moti Bagh is the place to be. Here is located the famous Indian Mountaineering Foundation, where you can try out the sport climbing wall. The nearest metro station is Sir Visweswaraiah Moti Bagh. You are required to wear appropriate clothing like t-shirts, trousers, shoes, etc. It is located at South Moti Bagh, Benito Juarez Marg and open from 9am to 1pm as well as 4pm to 8pm.
- Nehru Museum
It is a fabulous place to be for school kids, families, youngsters and the elderly. You can escape the hot summer afternoon by knowing more about the solar system, planets and stars. The nearest metro station is Lok Kalyan Marg and Udyog Bhawan. It is located at Teen Murti Marg, Teen Murti House. The typical Showtime is for about 30 minutes. Hindi shows are held at 1.30pm and 4pm, while English shows are held at 11.30am and 3pm.
- Book Cafes
Do you have passion for books? Book cafes in Delhi are fun places to be with friends. You can sip a cup of coffee or tea and read your favourite book. A few popular book cafes to visit are:
- Cafe Turtle: Here you can enjoy special tea and coffee including full-fledged menu. Visit Full Circle Bookstore to buy a book, go upstairs and enjoy reading it.
- Cha Bar: There are 100+ types of tea to taste along with Oxford books. This place is indeed a bookworm’s paradise.
- CYMK bookstore: You can sip drip-filtered coffee and read books of your choice.
- May Day Cafe & Bookstore: This is the best place to be to discuss politics and culture with their friendly staff.
- Ivy & Bean: They offer quirky interiors, delicious, affordable menu and provide free WiFi. It is indeed the perfect place to enjoy reading your favourite book.
- Red Fort – Sound & Light Show
For families and friends, the best picnic spots to choose are the Old Fort as well as the nearby zoo. However, it is the sound & light show held during the evenings that promises to surprise people of all ages. Chandni Chowk is the nearest metro station from where you can get an auto to reach the fort. To enjoy the amazing sound and light show in Hindi, you should reach by 7pm and for English show by 8.30pm. It is located at Chandni Chowk and open from 9.30am to 4.30pm.
- Hauz Khas Village
It is rated to be among the top places to visit for fun in Delhi. It boasts of having a fort that overlooks a beautiful lake. Also is present a Deer Park, book stores, cafes, boutiques and art galleries. Besides this, you can also engage in myriads of activities. It is also a wonderful place to celebrate your beloved friend’s birthday in Delhi in low budget. Some places to enjoy in Hauz Khas are:
- TLR Cafe: You can order for a drink and get entertained with the live gigs, comic nights and pub quizzes.
- Kunzum Travel Cafe: You can sip a cup of tea or coffee and derive sightseeing tips.
- Elma’s Bakery: Here you can have delicious cakes, authentic scones and high-tea.
- Social Offline: This fun-filled, exciting place offers delicious food, exquisite drinks and jazzy glassware.
- Gunpowder: This Andhra/Tamil/Kerala kitchen is close to the deer park.
The nearest metro station is Hauz Khas and Green Park.
It is an amazing place to be to have delectable food, enjoy shopping and have immense fun. You can spend a day at Shahpur Jat lanes to shop for custom outfits, quirky accessories and high-end designed gear. Some interesting places to visit here are:
- Les Parisiennes Cafe: This chic French Cafe offers Lavazza coffee, desserts and finger foods.
- PotBelly Rooftop Cafe: This cafe offers a fabulous view of the Asiad Village. Here, you can get to taste delicious Bihari cuisines.
- Mad Teapot: They offer a variety of tea to taste, especially blackberry and scrumptious cupcakes.
Hauz Khas and IIT Delhi are the nearest metro stations. You can invest some money in haute couture.
- Paint Ball
Rockshot Paintball Sports offers American style camo, Lock ‘n’ Load and Rockshot Paintball. You are sure to have an exciting day here indulging in laser tag and paintball games. It is located at Pandav Nagar Extension, Sector 44, Noida. The nearest metro stations are Mayur Vihar Extension I and Botanical Garden. It remains open between 10am and 6pm.
Delhi is indeed a happening place for people of all ages. You just need to plan your itinerary and book your hotel in advance. The best place to stay is JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi.