To make a site more responsive there are a few unique tools used by the developers. These tools enable the designer to incorporate more attractive features to deliver a rich and better user-experience across all types of devices. It is necessary in these modern times due to the extensive use of smartphones and other devices that usually have a smaller or a wider screen as compared to a desktop computer.
In this modern day business scenario where almost everything is done digitally over the internet, a responsive website is crucial for all businesses, especially those businesses that rely heavily on online transactions.
In the olden days, separate websites were designed for desktop use and for mobile use. That meant that the designers had to work doubly hard as it involved a two-fold work. However, with the advancement in technology, there are specific tools available to the developers that have made the tedious job of responsive website development significantly easy and simple.
All you need is to master the tools available for a successful responsive website apart from having the fundamental knowledge about how a responsive website should look like. This is however applicable to Responsive Website Development in Vancouver or anywhere in the world.
|Also Read: Conversion Rate Optimization Best Practices|
tools for web development
The list of tools available for creating the best and most responsive website includes:
- Grid set – This permits the web developers and designers to build prototype responsive websites that are grid-based with customized layouts. You will be able to make any type of grid as per your need. It will perform with any management systems encompassing Drupal, WordPress, and Joomla. It will also work in popular graphics apps such as Photoshop and Fireworks.
- Adobe Edge Inspect – This is a very helpful tool to organize your web page. This tool will also help you to envision look on different devices having different screen sizes. Furthermore, you will be able to preview your presentation and see how responsive is the site on any devices such as iPhone Droid X, iPad or just any mobile phone.
- Wirefy – This is another tool that is designed to create most responsive websites however you will need some knowledge of CSS and HTML. This tool will help you to build creative wireframes. You will not need to do endless calculations for this and therefore it will reduce your workload and expedite the web designing process. Apart from that, this tool has a wide assortment of amenable templates and HTML snippets that will help in scaling when the browser resizes the functioning athwart multiple devices.
- Gumby – This is basically the framework for responsive website design that is easy to download and customize according to your requirement. Apart from the built-in CSS pre-processor Sass, Gumby 2 also has a strong collection of tools that will help with the templates, tabs, drawers, toggles, dropdown, buttons, switches, forms, and grid. All these will help in creating responsive images along with inherent ratio video implants.
- Adobe Edge Reflow – This tool will help you to visually design the responsive website. This tool will transform the Photoshop files into HTML and CSS file first and then it will fine-tune these visually using the cutoff point in it. With this graphic design tool, you will be able to drag and drop contents to make any structuring edits in it by the panels. However, you will need at least the basic knowledge of CSS and HTML to use this tool.
- Invision – This is an app that is very useful in establishing a connection between the transitions and the design journeys in Website Design. It also facilitates the transitions between the screens of different team members. It will allow you to construct connections and upload designs between the users. The most significant feature of this tool is that it can deliver clickable designs through SMS to your smartphone enabling you to test your design by yourself. This tool supports an Android phone.
- Bootstrap –This platform is highly regarded for its series of components that significantly helps in creating the effective and efficient website with its well-established and front-end features.
All in all, using these tools will help you to create a website design that will look exceptionally well in desktop, tablets, laptops and even in the latest smartphones. People are also looking for help locally like Canadian users searching for responsive website design in Vancouver so that the process is completed quickly with these tools.
|Also Read: What Is a Parallax Scrolling Website|
Features of a responsive web design
Just as there are a lot of different tools that you can use to create a responsive website, there is an equal number of features you can incorporate in your design. Some of the most common features of a truly good responsive web design are as follows:
- Less Effort – You will need to put in the least effort to update any information on your website if it is responsive.
- Smooth User Experience – You will have the best, smooth and optimized user experience across all devices irrespective of the screen size. It is for this reason that Google, the most popular search engines in the world, has started promoting this in their methods.
- Statics – The ‘mobile only’ segment of a responsive website is perhaps the most significant one that makes it the best. This feature helps you to split your stats into two when you allow the users to use your phone friendly form of your website.
- User-Friendly – This is another significant feature of a responsive website. Your website and web pages can be viewed on any screen size.
A responsive website will help you to get all necessary and useful statistics about the number of traffic visiting your website. This will, in turn, help you to know how your website is performing and make necessary variations in your website to increase traffic.