Nowadays – online stores are getting bigger, worldwide. Hence, It’s the time to Migrate your data from Opencart to Woocommerce, just to expand your boundaries and scale your business.
Before starting, let’s discuss Opencart and Woocommerce in detail:
What is WooCommerce?
WooCommerce is one of the biggest online stores. And is used for selling products & services online. Very often, it makes and does these things affordable and accessible easily.
Quite to be known – It is a free and open source platform. Along with that, it is completely free to download, use and modify for anyone.
What is OpenCart?
It is an online resource which is built for merchants & customers to interact and make their life easier.
It is a fast-growing eCommerce platform with which you can start small or medium size eCommerce business.
Now, come back to the topic, while deciding to migrate from OpenCart to WooCommerce, you have to shift the entire data. Like – products, categories, attributes, customers, passwords, orders, etc.
Let’s start with the list of data that need to be export data from OpenCart to Woocommerce.
Data list to be migrated
Products:– The first detail which must be transferred is Products, Which includes a Product, description, qty, stock status, product images, additional images, price etc.
Categories:– Transfer all categories of product and images too.
Customers:-In this, all the details of customers like name, last name, emails, DOB, Address and more.
Orders:- In this, order number, order product, order date, discount price, etc..
Reviews:– In this, all the customer reviews, rating, status should be transfer from OpenCart to WordPress.
Taxes:- Migrate all the rules and tax price of the product.
Have a look at things that you must be kept in mind before you migrate OpenCart to WooCommerce.
For Source Store(OpenCart)
- Ensure you have the right permission to upload files to your Source Store.he target store should
For Target Store(WooCommerce)
- The target store should be stored in a stable hosting or localhost.
- PHP Curl must be enabled.
- PHP Fopen (allow_url_fopen) must be on.
- The Web server should have full permission to write on /wp-content/uploads/ folder.
Now download the OpenСart to WooCommerce Migration plugin.
|Also Read: Why Should You Consider WooCommerce Development Services|
OpenCart to WooCommerce Migration Plugin
- First, download Opencart to Woocommerce migration plugin.
- Now Log in WordPress Admin panel and click on plugins.
- Now click on Add New then Upload plugin then Choose File then Install Now.
- Moreover, activate the plugin and register with Cart2Cart to proceed with the migration process.
Register with Cart2Cart Account:
You need to sign in or create a new Cart2Cart account.
When you successfully log in, you will get two options but u have to click on the first one “start a free demo”.
After this, you will get a form of source cart to fill, which you want to move and it’s URL.
Download the Connection Bridge zip file.
Set up the target shopping cart. Put the target setup cart and its URL. Download Connection Bridge & extract it in your WordPress root folder with WooCommerce installed on top of it.
Later, select the entities you want to migrate. You can select the additional option to compress your migration list.
Once the process is done, you can check the data in your targeted cart.
For full data migration, select all the entities general & additional and click on full migration button And also you can track the full data migration while shifting and on completion, you will receive an email notification.
Another method which used to migrate OpenCart to WooCommerce store is LitExtension. As done in Cart2Cart you have to create a connection between the source store and target store.
OpenCart to WooCommerce via LitExtension:
Source Cart Connector Setup:
To Create a Connection between source cart and LitExtension you have to install connector field to your source store. To get a preview of sets to click on Live Demo button and download the source cart connector.
Separate “woocommerce_connector” into Source Cart root folder. When finished, make sure that the connector can reach here:
And then you will get a message “Connector Installed” it is installed properly once.
If you are having any problems then access the link, Make sure that you have access configured correctly and that the file is allowed to execute.
For security, open connector.php, after that find the first line:
after that, change “12345” to another string, this will be used to enter to the Migration Form (Cart Token) and acts like “password” to prevent unauthorized data access to your source store.
Target Cart Connector Setup:
Moving on to Target cart Connector, login to the LitExtension store by the account you purchase the LitExtension product, for automated installation you have to go to My Account then go to My Downloadable then go to Hosted Tool.
Basically, License Key is encoded string that comes with your download package. Whereas, this key needs to activate your migration tool.
- Next, log into our store and enter the “My downloadable product” section.
- Now, you will see the download link & license key for the download package.
- After that, log in to your WooCommerce Target Store backend, choose Cart Migration then Settings, and copy it and paste your license key here:
Login to your WooCommerce target store backend then chooses Cart Migration>Migration.
For all that, It will go through 3 simple steps.
First step:- source cart configuration
- Cart Type: Select the similar source cart type (OpenCart).
- URL: Enter the registered URL in your license.
- Token Cart: The token string will be configured in connector.php.
Second Step: Migration Configuration
- Languages Mapping: If your source cart is fluent, related languages should be available in the WooCommerce Store. That, you may need to create additional languages in the WooCommerce store to avoid data loss.
- Currencies Mapping: Select source tag currencies to the appropriate target WooCommerce Store currencies. Also, the WooCommerce store may be necessary to make currencies in the target.
- Orders Status Mapping: Select source cart order statuses to appropriate target WooCommerce store order situations.
- Entities to Migrate: select all entities to shift or just a part of them.
Third Step: Migration
In this last step, the migration will automatically take place. For continued progress, you should not stop removing your cart source connector.
Following are some information:
- Source cart: Source cart base URL should be registered with your license.
- Entity limit: You have to purchase/upgrade the second license code to change the value associated with your license code.
- Tips slider: Also, you should know the handy tips.
- Migration progress: Show current progress.
- Console: Show all rectification information.
The shifting process is complete. Now Click on “Clear Transient” to finish.
|Also Read: How To Use Instagram To Grow Your E-Commerce Business|
If there is a problem with the shifting process, the Migration Tool offers the ability to resume the movement in two ways:
Automatically resume on the spot: When all the data imported into it, The tool will start automatically after the failure.
Manually start over again: If you want to refresh the page then go to the step 1 and click on “Resume” when you want to temporarily stop the shifting and resume it whenever u want to do.