India possesses one of the most diversified landscapes on earth. The majestic moutain range along with the mighty, torrential rivers, pristine lakes, lush green forests and plush beaches make up her physical geography in the north, south, east and the west. As a compliment to its varying landscape, the country has a wide and diverse range of culture, food habit and weather. The snow-laden northern part of the country is strinkingky different from the backwaters in the south. The pristine beaches of the east strike a heavy contrast to her sandy deserts in the west. Amidst this breath-takingly beautiful and contrasting landscape, there’re obviously innumerable places to visit in India before you close your eyes for the final time.
13 Best travel destinations in india
1. Ladakh, Jammu and Kashmir
Ladakh is a snow desert and a pulsating destination for a particular sect of Buddhism. Life is very different here at the high altitudes of the mountains. Bikers driving Royal Enfield come here to tell us that even barrenness has its own beauty to captivate the mind.
Reasons to visit Ladakh:
- September month is the best time to visit Ladakh as during this period, all roads to and within Ladakh remain open. So you can go anywhere during this time.
- Many people likes adventures places to travel and Laddakh is one of the most adventurous places in India.
- By the mid of September you you can experience the beauty of snow fall in Laddakh.
- Laddakh festival will add extra bonus if you go there in the month of September as Laddakh festival is one of the biggest festivals of Laddakh.
2. Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir
Well, is there anything left to describe the scenic beauty of this place? The region is guarded by the Dhauladhar range of the lower Himalayas. Nature has curved out the breathtaking Dal Lake while man has employed his divine creativity to set up the historic Mughal Gardens here. Srinagar is referred to as the heaven on earth.
Reasons to visit Srinagar:
- Asia’s biggest tulip garden is situated in Srinagar and April month is the best time to visit. The Indira Gandhi Tulip Garden can give you the opportunity to experience 60 varieties of tulips.
- At Srinagar, the Dal lake is one of the major attractions of tourists as it is covered by snow and looks very pretty.
- The valleys were covered by the beautiful blossoms which attracts traveler to Srinagar during April.
3. Gulmarg, Jammu and Kashmir
Here you’ve options; either ski, a round of golf or both. It is one of the https://www.globosurfer.com/best-ski-boots/ destinations across the entire continent of Asia. That apart, Gulmarg golf course is set on the highest altitude in the world.
Reasons to visit Gulmarg:
- Now, skiing is one major reasons to visit Gulmarg as it is known as the best place to ski in India.
- Most of the traveler visit Gulmarg just to try the Gondola ride. You can enjoy the clear sky while riding the Gondola.
- You must try your hands at golfing if you are visiting Gulmarg in summer. It has the world’s second highest golf course on its lap.
- 500 years old the shrine of Baba Reshi holds an important position as a religious place in Gulmarg.
4. Amritsar, Punjab
We ‘re back on the plains now. Amritsar is the holiest seat in Sikhism and bears the scars of history across the ages. It is one of those rare places where religion, humanism, spirituality, patriotism and mouth-watering cuisine can be found side by side.
Reasons to visit Amritsar:
- The Golden Temple at Amritsar, is a major cultural and religious hub for tourists.
- If you are interested in Sikh culture the Amritsar, Punjab is the best choice.
- The historic Jallianwala Bagh is just 1 kilometer away from the Golden Temple.
5. Parvati Valley, Himachal Pradesh
If you’re done with Ladhak, there’s just no way to stay away from the Parvati Valley in the Himachal. Here you’ll feel that nature carefully weaved a great conspiracy to captivate human senses by its sheer beauty. The neighbouring Spiti and Lahaul should also be included in your itinerary.
Reasons to visit Parvati Valley:
- Tosh is situated at the far end of the Parvati Valley. It is not like other tourist spots as it attracts less crowed. Mostly people who wants to spend some peaceful and alone time likes this place.
- Backpackers can experience the peace of heaven on earth at Kasol with the trippy streets and cozy cafes.
- Chalal is one of the most calm places near Kasol. It is a 30 minutes walking distance through the banks of Parvati river.
6. Dharamsala, Himachal Pradesh
Do you know where the Dalai Lama resides? Out of all the beautiful places on earth, the supreme Tibetan Buddhist monk chose Dharamsala as his official abode. The place offers you undeniable serenity and its natural beauty is bound to charge up your senses.
Reasons to visit Dharamsala:
- Being the most beautiful places in the Himalayas, Dharamshala has lush green meadows, the forests, the wildlife, and the most beautiful vicinity of mountains.
- People who loves trekking mus visit Dharmashala as it is popular amongst trekkers.
- Dharamshala hosted the international film in the year 2012 and now many film enthusiasts visit here regularly.
7. Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
Shimla is a unique destination in India, if you want to witness the nation’s colonial history. The very well-planned city from the past is now plagued with over population. Even excessive commercialisation is another problem it is facing. Yet it’s worth visiting this lovely place. In our humble opinion, a visit to Shimla is an excellent excuse in disguise to apply for indian e visa.
Reasons to visit Shimla:
- Located at the edge of Himalayas, Shimla is comparatively cooler than other hill stations in India.
- The 6 hours journey between Kalka to Shimla will be the most beautiful experience for you as you can see the mountains of Shivalik which connects the isolated Kalka hill station with Shimla.
- From woolen garments to delicious food you can get everything within a blink of eye at here.
8. Agra, Uttar Pradesh
Agra is home to the Taj Mahal, the grandeur Mughal architecture that symbolises love. You won’t do justice to yourself if you miss this out on your tour to India.
Reasons to visit Agra:
- One of the most popular and historical reason to visit Agra is the Taj Mahal built by Shah Jahan in memory of his dearest wife Mumtaz. Everyone knows that it belongs to one of the 7 wonders of the world.
- Exquisite handicrafts which are crafted by white marble in great demand for both India and foreign countries.
- Agra shoe market is one of the biggest shoe exporters group in India where you can get quality shoes in a reasonable price.
9. Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow is home to the time that is long gone. The Nawabi atmosphere still hangs pristine in its air. The Bhoolbhoolaiya is a unique piece of historic architecture in the state capital that you shouldn’t miss at any cost.
Reasons to visit Lucknow:
- A blend of traditional and modern architecture cam be experienced at Lucknow.
- The Bara Imambara (big shrine) is one of the most famous monuments in Lucknow.
10. Rishikesh, Uttarakhand
It is the quintessential point of confluence for religion, spirituality, adventure sports, yoga and exquisite scenic beauty. If you miss this part of India, half of your money is wasted badly.
Reasons to visit Hrishikesh:
- Experience the benefits of Yoga and Ayurveda by visiting the beautiful town Rishikesh.
- Rishikesh is also popular as it is know “The Land of God” and is one of the holiest places in India.
- The local and flea markets in Rishikesh town are full of artistic components, precious headpieces, and handicrafts.
11. Darjeeling, West Bengal
Apart from being one of the most spectacular hill stations in the world, it is one of the best locations to enjoy the spectacular beauty of the Kanchanjangha. The natural flora and fauna of the region, the Darjeeling tea and the Buddhist monasteris around are your additional gains.
Reasons to visit Darjeeling:
- The steaming hot cup of Darjeeling tea is one of the major reasons to visitors to come in Darjeeling.
- Climate is comfortable and it is one of the cheapest hill stations in India.
12. Jaisalmer, Rajasthan
This is a historic city located on the deserts of Rajasthan. The place churns out a vintage aura mixed with bravery, warfare and loyalty.
Reasons to visit Jaisalmer:
- Rajasthan is the Land of Maharajas and Forts. You can stay at any tourist fort or a Haveli and experience the royal culture.
- The great Indian desert of Rajasthan is the main attraction to visit Jaisalmer.
13. Ooty, Tamil Nadu
It is a hill station on the Nilgiri mountain range and is famous for its natural beauty.
Given all the facts we discussed above, this is the best time for placing your Indian tourist visa application. The Indian authorities is now providing American tourists with e visa on fast-track basis.