The continued advancement in technology has taken the world by storm. Internet service providers are working hard to outdo each other in providing the fastest internet to their users. As a result, companies that want to leverage these fast internet speeds must invest in networking devices that will help them reach close to the maximum speed. In this blog, we’re going to talk about 5 reasons your home office NEEDS patch cables and how they can benefit your organization.
Simply put, a patch cable is a cable that’s used to connect two devices within a network. Moreover, they can also be used to transmit signals in electronic devices such as a microphone and earphones. Patch cables are also referred to as patch leads. 5 reasons your home office NEEDS patch cables!-
One distinguishing feature of patch cables to copper wires is that they are more flexible. Moreover, they have connectors on both sides.
What are Patch Cables Used for?
One of the primary advantages of using patch cables is the control they give you over your network. For starters, they make it easy to access your cables and terminals through the front access patch stand. The front panels also come in handy when connecting devices in tight spots.
Patch cables also help network administrators to quickly change or overhaul networks seamlessly. They also enable the exchange of information between different departments within an organization.
How is a Patch Cable Used?
In most cases, patch cables are used with a patch panel that provides several ports to connect several devices at once. For most homes, a patch panel with eight ports is enough. If you reckon you need to connect more devices, you should choose one with 24 ports
What are the Advantages of Patch Cables?
Patch panels offer many advantages and as such, they have continued over the years. They include:
- They prevent cable fractures– Unlike their counterparts copper wires, patch cables are flexible which makes them less prone to breakage which causes network disruptions at the workplace.
- Flexible installation-patch cables allow you to create different linkages which come in handy when you want to expand your network connectivity for example when you get kids and want to connect their rooms with electricity.
- They make for simple repairs – No matter how well your network and or system is, repairs are inevitable. The same case applies to a patch cable. They are easy to replace because all you have to do is plug them out and replace them with a new cable. This results in fewer internet interruptions.
- Easy connection– Patch panels come with numbering which makes it easy to identify which patch cable connects to which port and results in a reduced connection time. It also makes it efficient when you want to replace one or several cables.
- Improved internet access– it goes without saying that wired connections provide a faster internet connection than WIFI. Patch cables achieve this by leveraging technology in several ways. First, they result in decreased packet collisions which are common in many wired connections. Second, they allow connection to several LANs, therefore, leveraging the fastest connection. Moreover, they increase the network bandwidth and strength. And lastly, anti-interference technology prevents network jamming.
If you’re looking to leverage high speed internet, you should consider investing in patch cables. They also have several advantages such as helping you perform quick maintenance, easy to connect, and making it easy to perform network maintenance. Before purchasing a patch cable, it’s important to compare the different offerings in the market to ensure you get value for your money.