As you progress as a professional writer you may find yourself seeking some effective ways to improve your writing style. Every writer has his style of writing and whatever he writes he uses the same style, the same level of formality, same sentence structure, and same overall approach of writing. But as a good writer, you need to use a different style of writing. However, it is based on the things that you are writing and the reader. For example, while writing a blog you can use formal language but writing something for a business purpose you have to use a more casual tone. That is the reason why a writer needs to know whom they are writing for and for what purpose they need to write. If the writing is not engaging and exciting then the readers will be encouraged to read your writing and the purpose of writing will not be solved. Hence in this article, we have come up with some essential tips that will help a writer to make writing more exciting.
Ways to make writing correct and interesting
The following are some of the essential tips that you must implement while writing:
- Always be direct in writing: Whenever you write something it is very important to write clearly and concisely. You should never use filler words, such as unnecessary adverbs, prepositions, phrases, etc. Whatever you need to write you should exactly and in a direct way.
- Choose the words intelligently: As a writer, you can write a sentence in various ways and there are various words that you can use for conveying the same idea. It is always recommended to use familiar vocabulary rather than using lofty words so that every reader can understand what you want to write. You can use Thesaurus for finding a replacement of words.
- Review and edit your work: After you write the first draft itis very essential to proofread your writing and edit it wherever necessary. You must try to tighten your writing, check the choice of words and sentence structure. You must also hone your voice for enhancing your style. But after you complete your writing do not forget to proofread it before you go for final submission. You can go for Grammarlookup punctuation check for making sure that you have not done any mistakes.
- Write a short paragraph and short sentences: When you write a short sentence it becomes easier for the reader to comprehend. That is the reason why every reader a[[reciate short sentences. Apart from that, it is also advisable to keep the paragraph short and manageable. You must not forget that short paragraphs are always easier to digest. Moreover, when you write a short paragraph on the webpage the layout of the page looks more appealing. But while doing academic writing you can go for lengthy paragraphs since academic writing requires more information.
- Use natural and conversational tone: The writing styles of all writers are different and it depends on your own and unique voice. As a writer, you must try to communicate in your comfort zone. You should write in the same way you converse and should shape your idea with your thoughts and voice. You should never forget that the writing style of a writer reflects his or her personality. Hence, you should always try to write in a natural and conversational tone. This will also help the reader to understand your writing very easily.
- Always use active voice: You must also use the active word as far as possible and must adhere to subject-verb-object sentence structure. Using active voice is the most direct path for making your point. When you use active voice it makes the sentence simple and easier to understand. But when you use passive voice in the sentence it becomes complex even if the sentence is grammatically correct. Apart from that, writing passive voice in the sentence is a weaker way to present information, and the readers also do not like to read such blogs that are written in passive voice or complex sentences.
These are some most essential things that you must remember as a writer whenever you write anything, especially for academic or professional writings.