To manage the logistics of any company requires some specific type of organization and expertise. Efforts to produce final products in all areas of the company may be hampered by the poor sales quality. Therefore, it is essential that logistical operations keep in step with other key areas of the company. A logistics manager must be able to provide a proper distribution process of the highest quality that fully meets customer service requirements. The logistics dashboard enables you to track and report important logistics Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) related to warehouse processes, transportation processes, and overall supply chain management. The dashboard is used to track KPIs and supply chain indicators from a single screen or user interface. It is essential to monitor every operation and process. By using appropriate interactive panels, these tasks become easier and more efficient. Let’s see about the evolution of dashboard technology in the logistics sector.
AWL India has been managing all their tasks by leveraging technology to make every process transparent, quick and easy. They used next-gen technologies that included RFID tags, 2D barcodes, data loggers, detectors, GPS beacon, temperature monitors, and an interactive dashboard CHAKSU that enabled monitoring with key performance indicators and record-keeping. This digital infrastructure enabled real-time visibility, and end-to-end vaccine alerts with a notification engine during the pandemic. The notification system made it possible to send and receive alerts when the critical medical cargoes crossed each station and traveled along with the supply chain network, allowing each entity such as pharmaceutical distribution, healthcare administration to accurately monitor and easily communicate. Advanced and innovative logistics solutions and CHAKSHU interactive dashboard, together with EPOD, enable AWL India to provide a seamless and uninterrupted supply of much-needed oxygen and medical services in the most remote areas.
Interactive Dashboard CHASKU and its functionality:
An advanced transportation management system was designed for transporting cargo regionally that provided deep metadata for the proper visibility of the truckload. With the detailed information of the exact whereabouts of every good and the idea about the possibility of any delays, AWL India organized the distribution of the medicines to proactively manage cargoes in transit to prevent vaccine degradation. CHAKSHU dashboard recorded every delivery event on a shipment’s journey and transmitted the data and analytics that was required to inspect the logistics operations. The transportation of life-saving drugs required strict and regulated atmospheric conditions (delivery within the deadline, at the right and regulated temperatures throughout, to locations all over the country). To ensure an uninterrupted supply of shipments from the departure point to final delivery, the CHAKSU dashboard was being used to check the real-time visibility and safety of the cargo during the transportation process.
- CHAKSHU involves monitoring the whereabouts of a product when it would arrive at the next destination of the delivery cycle.
- Conducts detailed cost benefit analysis to improve the profitability.
- Helps in simplifying the supply chain while increasing operational capacity planning.
- Optimizes the on-time final deliveries to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Helps in making important business decisions based on real-time data.
- Helps in estimating future bottlenecks and peaks due to predictive analytics.
Benefits of interactive dashboards for the logistics industries in the future:
The logistics industry has a large amount of information from multiple sources, and when fully utilized, this information is invaluable. The logistic agencies can optimize their information series with the aid of the usage of online reporting and dashboard programs. The interactive dashboards can appropriately harness a large amount of big data to make business operate efficiently. Dashboards and analysis software enable companies involved in the supply chain to obtain valuable data with just a few clicks. Some of the key applications of the dashboard technology in the logistics industry are listed below:
- Optimizing the route planning – Route planning is a key aspect of logistics operations, especially amongst the freight forwarders and courier services. Route planning analytical tools have an interface that links the primary dashboard at the business’s facilities with drivers on the road that reduce costs incurred expediting time bound cargo. Optimized route planning provides a two way benefit that keeps customers satisfied and businesses reduce costs.
- Development of dynamic supply chain models – Supply chain models are relatively inconsistent due to customer demands and supplier relationships. Interactive dashboards provide real-time business intelligence that is crucial for efficient operations. A supply chain monitoring device provides real-time insights that can help schedule tasks appropriately. Logistics businesses use this technology to provide end-to-end seamless journey, improves their projections on delivery time, and futuristic insights.
- Cultivating profitable practices – Various assets, such as vehicles that need to be periodically maintained are managed by the logistics industries. If the vehicles are not maintained properly, there might be major obstructions that may require additional fees to be cleared. Predictive analysis software visualizes data such as mileage, last service date, and other insights that helps establish a preventative maintenance program. Implementing a system like this helps significant cost reduction that is incurred in pursuit of reacting to larger-scale problems that could have been prevented.
- Warehouse Automation – Automation generates a lot of data that can be analyzed and processed for higher productivity and maximum performance. By implementing advanced dashboards, warehouse managers can obtain real-time business intelligence about their operations. This shortens the time required to find such items in further locations, thereby increasing productivity.
- Improve scalability – Scalability is the key to increase sales and market share. In a highly competitive environment such as logistics, it is very important to maintain a competitive advantage and maintain industrial growth. Fortunately, business and analytics dashboards make this easier by automating the process of analyzing the quantity and quantity data. Many variants accelerate the scalability of logistics operations when needed. The indirect impact of this technology on scalability is customer satisfaction. Customer satisfaction delivered on time will have a domino effect, leading to scalability of the process. Logistics companies achieve this by reducing the time required to complete tasks and thereby developing additional scalability options.
The use of interactive dashboards like CHAKSHU and analytics in logistics improves industry performance. This technology improves scalability, enabling companies to reduce operating costs and maximize efficiency. With the development and expansion of artificial intelligence, one can imagine what might happen next in this field. It can be assumed that more and more companies are buying this cutting-edge technology that helps in building good customer relationships and increasing employee efficiency.
Advanced and innovative logistics solutions and interactive dashboard CHAKSHU have allowed AWL India to outline a smooth supply chain and an uninterrupted supply in the past and will also be effective in future endeavors. AWL India is one of the fastest-growing logistics companies to provide innovative, quick, and tech-savvy solutions at a global level. Striving to achieve the best, they have pioneered a reputation of offering world-class logistic and supply chain management solutions.