Locking discord channel is a bit tricky but too easy to do via mobile or PC. But there are some simple procedures to follow few steps to get there. if you want to make your discord channel or channels private or locked, then this piece of writing will let you know all about the discord channel, the hidden but essential things to take care of during making your discord channel locked. You will find the answer of how to lock Discord Channel or making it private right here!
Let’s hit the tricks and step to get the answer of our question How to Lock Discord Channel
What is a discord channel?
Discord is a free tool and a widely used platform by gamers. This is due to its unique and amazing features such as voice and video chat, streamer mode, discord nitro, server boosting, screen share, Go live, and several other features. People are using this application to talk about many things like discussing about art projects, homework, and health support.
This chat app has been used by millions of people over the age of 13 to chat and hangout with their friends and communities. It is absolutely free to download and use on pc and mobile as well. It can also be used even without downloading and installation to your system. You just have to go straight to your web browser.
The discord channels are designed and organized for the specific topics and have varying rules for each channel. In text channels, people can post text massages, upload files, and share images to other. They can see them whenever connect to the channel.
How to Lock Discord Channel?
The most valuable and frequently asked question is on the mark. The management or administration can lock a discord channel to save server from being crowded. You can learn how to lock a discord channel. If you don’t know, how to lock a discord a channel easily? Then don’t worry, you can lock your discord channel or make it private by following this step-by-step guide;
- First of all, go to your discord server and click on the + icon against voice channels or text channels
- Then, enter the private channel name.
- Now toggle ON Private Channel and click on Next to add members in your private channel if you want.
Can you lock a discord server easily?
Are you afraid of getting midnight raided? Then don’t worry. You can lock you discord server. You can lockdown anyone from joining for at least 7 hours. Moreover, you can lock it permanently until you unlock it again. This will make it easy for you to take care or manage your discord channel. All the things are on your fingers’ click!
How to make a private discord channel?
Discord is just becoming a supreme gaming application in past several years. This is because it allows a multiple customization option. It provides a unique experience at individual, channel and server level. Let’s elaborate the steps to go with it:
- At the very first, Click on the ‘+’ icon beside ‘Voice channels’ or ‘Text channels. It would be according to your need like a private voice channel or a text channel. You can even select it after pressing the ‘+’ as shown in the screenshot.
- Furthermore, you can name your private channel in the ‘Channel name’ textbox.
- At the very next, toggle on the ‘Private Channel’ option and click on ‘Next’. Add members if you want to at this stage or skip this step.
- To make an existing channel private you have to click on the ‘Edit Channel’ button beside the channel name. Then go to ‘Permissions’, toggle on ‘Private channel’ and then click on ‘Save Changes’. The changes will be saved definitely.
- You can also toggle other permissions that other members of this channel you want to have.
How to lock discord channel on pc?
So, how can you lock a discord channel on pc? You should have an administrative access to channel. You can’t nest new messages while you locked your channel but you can see your old messages. You can lock a discord channel by doing these steps;
- Click on the server on which you want to lock a channel.
- Now click on the channel’s settings option.
- And click on Permissions to select @everyone.
- Now click on the cross icon against every permission on the page.
- Once you are done then click on Save Changes you will be able to know How to Lock a Discord Channel.
Now, lets talk about locking a discord channel on mobile.
How to lock discord channel on mobile?
A lot of us people use smartphone because of its ease and portability. So, you can do trivia your smartphone as well.
You can lock your discord channel on mobile by following these steps;
- Launch the Discord app.
- Tap on the server in which you want to lock the channel.
- Click on the three dots at the top right to go to Server Settings.
- Tap on Channels and select the channel you want to lock.
- After this select Permissions.
- Next select Add a Role > @everyone
- Under the Channel Settings tap on the red cross for all the permissions.
- And tap on the blue disk icon to save changes.
- So, you will be able to know How to Lock a Discord Channel on Android.
What does a lock on a discord channel mean?
If you see lock on a discord channel then it means it is private channel. And it has been locked.
Why is discord locked?
Discord channel will be locked because the user itself and it might be intentionally or unintentionally.
Why is a discord server locked?
Your discord channel might be locked because of under age, server raiding, or any one of the employees may have do it.
How do I lock a Discord voice channel but still let all members view it only?
Set the “Connect” permission for @everyone to “Off”. Let the “See Channel” permission be on.
Can they still read the messages in the channel?
Not if you set ‘Read Messages’ to ‘Off’ for the @everyone role. That way only people you allow will be able to see the channel and messages.