Are you among one of those, who are looking for a method to migrate from Windows Live Mail to Microsoft Outlook? Do you know the method used by various professionals for the accomplishment of the same purpose? If no, then you have precisely landed in the right place. Here, in this blog, we are going to learn both manual methods as well as the automated solution to import Windows Live Mail to Outlook easily.
Windows Live Mail and Microsoft Outlook, both are used for the same purpose i.e. for cross-interaction and management of data. However, Microsoft Outlook is more popular and used in large scale. The reason behind such migration is the attractive feature suite of Outlook and a very simple interface. Apart from this, Outlook can be accessed with the synchronization of Exchange, which makes more helpful. Therefore, many organizations and users wish to move their files from Windows Live Mail to Microsoft Outlook. Let us now go through the solution part without wasting the time.
Import Windows Live Mail Data to Outlook Manually
Many users want to know a manual workaround for migrating the emails of Windows Live Mail to Outlook. This is because the manual trick is free of cost and does not require the need for any third party utility. However, there are some drawbacks associated with manual solution, which we will discuss later. Follow all these steps to move the files from Windows Live Mail to MS Outlook:
- First, open Outlook and Windows Live Mail
- Now, in Windows Live Mail, go to File>>Export>>Email messages
- Choose MS Exchange as format and then hit on Next button
- In the next step, you will view a message that all emails will be migrated to MS Outlook or Exchange. Hit on OK to proceed further.
- After this, you may export the entire email folder or choose the specific folders, which you wish to export via Select Folders options.
- Once you choose the required option, hit on OK button and then wait for the completion of the export procedure.
- As soon as the Export Complete, this dialog box displays, you need to click on Finish.
Limitations of Manual Method to Import Windows Live Mail to Outlook
There are certain drawbacks associated with this manual solution to migrate from windows live mail to MS Outlook:
- It requires the installation and configuration of both the email applications properly on your machine.
- Moving Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2013, you need Outlook 2013 that to be 32bit.
- Strong internet connectivity required for the accomplishment of this task properly.
- While performing the migration with this method, the integrity of Windows Live Mail is highly risky.
- Last, but not the least. In case of any wrong step, you may lose the files permanently.
Therefore, now if the manual solution is not trustworthy then what should we do? Is there any other way to perform the migration of Windows Live Mail to MS Outlook securely? The answer lies in the next method we are going to learn.
How to Migrate Windows Live Mail to Microsoft Outlook PST Automatically
There are many limitations of the manual method to migrate from windows live mail to Outlook. So just look out this amazing Windows Live Mail to Outlook PST Converter developed by SysTools. It can export entire data into pst quickly. Simply download the utility and perform the steps mentioned below:
- Go to Start >> All Programs>>Windows Live Mail Converter>> Windows Live Mail Converter.
- Now, in the initial click of the tool, click on Open to add files.
- If you wish to migrate emails from Windows Live Mail directly, then you may go to Auto Detect the Storage Location. (Note: In case you do not know the location of EML files, then you can choose to Browse for the storage Location.)
- Choose the location of EML and hit on OK.
- In the next step, hit on Open to initiate scanning of EML.
- Details like folder location, created date, and size in KB will appear.
- Once the scanning is done, you need to click on OK button.
- Next, view the emails along with attachments. You can switch the view as well from Horizontal to Vertical or vice-versa.
- Now, if you wish to move a particular email, then make a right click on it and then on Export.
- For moving various files, choose PST as the resultant file format.
- Then, select the Mail filter and Split PST option.
- As soon as you do this, click on Export.
- A screen will appear once the process of transfer files is done, hit on OK button.
- You can save the completion report if you want by a clicking on Save.
Sum It Up
Sometimes, migration from one to another platform becomes necessary to meet the business requirement. Windows Live Mail to Outlook is one such conversion, which is not easy to achieve. Therefore, in the above blog, we have discussed two solutions for how to migrate from Windows Live Mail to Outlook. Users can choose any of these workarounds as per their requirement and convenience. you can also read how to upload PST to Office 365 without Outlook.