While working on a laptop, you might see an error message saying that your device is missing important security and quality fixes. When you get this type of error, you will not get the installation of the window updates.
Also, you can easily detect there are no available updates, but still, the error is there. If you are facing this kind of error, this post will give you all the details and solutions to get out of the problem.
Error messages different from user to user
You should keep in mind that the particular error message is different from user to user, although it mostly explains why the update failed. So having this error message, you will get some problems during the installation process. Update files are also missing along with this sum, and the update service was shutting down.
What are the reasons for the “your device is missing important security and quality fixes” error?
In many cases, this error might be due to bugs or incompatibilities with the update itself. You do not have to do anything with your PC hardware or software, but the installation should not be dismissed. Whatever the reason, you will get a clear picture of how to get out of the problem through this post.
How to fix your device is missing important security in quality fixes error?
There are many solutions for this error, but you will get many useful methods here in this post. You just have to try every method one by one and stop if one method works for you.
Manually resetting windows updates service.
The first solution is to manually update the service because sometimes updating service might be one of the main reasons for the error if your device is missing important security and quality fixes. This is the main reason you should manually reset the settings by following the step-by-step method.
In step 1, type CMD in the Windows 10 search box and run the command prompt with administrator privilege.
Type the commands one by one, and then for each command, press enter.
When you complete all the above operations, check if your device is working properly or still missing important security and quality fixes. You can continue to fix the 0x80073712 error if it persists.
Change Telemetry level
Unfortunately, you will not get all the updates if you set your telemetry level to security only. So for this purpose, you have to change the level to resolve that problem of Windows 10. Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.
Let’s discuss how to make the changes while changing the telemetry level.
- First of all, write gpedit.MSc in the run box and enter.
- Then go to your computer configuration>Administrative templates> Windows components> data collection and preview build in the left pane.
- Then find and press allow telemetry.
- Then you have to check the enabled item and set that level to basic, enhanced, or full according to your choice. It is to note that you are not choosing security during the process.
- Then click apply and enter ok.
Enabling Windows update advanced option
- If you want to update Windows 10 automatically, you have to make some advanced settings. For this purpose, follow the guidelines below.
- Navigate to the start menu and click on settings.
- Then click for update and security in the windows settings interface.
- Go for the advanced options in the link and make sure that it updates other Microsoft products when you update the Windows option.
Using Windows update troubleshooter
If you face the problem that your device is missing important security and quality fixes, you can choose a Windows update troubleshooter. You can also try it by fixing it and using a professional troubleshooter.
- First of all, open Windows Settings by clicking the start menu in the settings.
- Then click on update and security.
- Then click on troubleshoot; however, you can also go for windows update and click run the troubleshooter.
Running Windows update from PowerShell.
Sometimes, when your device lacks important security and quality fixes, the KB update may be displayed on the screen.
If you are running Windows update in PowerShell, you must remember the KB update code your device is missing. Sometimes, you still receive the same error message even if you get Windows update downloads.
Then you can solve the problem by using the KB code and typing it on the PowerShell to force the update.
Windows PowerShell can be found by right-clicking the start button and selecting it.
Then type Get-WUInstall -KBArticleID KBXXX And hit enter. I hope you will not get the error that your device is missing important security and quality fixes.
Reinstall Windows updates
Unfortunately, you will not get proper updates if your device is missing important security and quality fixes. You can then easily deal with the error code 0x80073712 by doing uninstallation and installing them. How can you do it, just follow the steps below?
- First of all, you have to go for the installed updates interface.
- Then go for the run dialogue and hold the keys on your keyboard that are Win and R.
- Then write CPL in the textbox and press enter to go to the programs and features interface.
- Then click on view installed updates.
- Method via settings
- Then, select the start menu, followed by settings, updates, and security.
- Then you have to click on the view installed update history link.
- Then click on uninstall updates.
- Click on the latest update Microsoft Windows from the list and click on uninstall.
Then you have to go to Windows update and click check for updates after the installation. After that, you can install the new one and uninstall one. On the other side, you can also go to the Microsoft update catalog website and look for the installed KB update. Then You have to download and install it manually.
Enabling Windows module Installer Service
If you cannot get the information of the KB update, you can go for this method. This is the issue of missing Windows 10 important fixes, and here in this method, make sure that the windows module Installer Service is enabled.
Updates for Windows and other programs can be detected, downloaded, and installed using this service. When WUA (Windows Update Agent) API is disabled, you won’t use Windows Update or its automatic updating features.
- First of all, go for the run box by pressing the win plus R keys.
- Open the Services interface by typing services.MSC and clicking OK.
- Double-click Windows Modules Installer, then click Start under the General tab.
Repairing Corrupted Windows Files
The update for Windows 10 could not be installed properly because you are missing important security and quality fixes. There was an interruption or a broken/corrupt Windows file in version 1809 or 1803. Therefore, repair damaged files.
Windows 10 offers the Command Prompt as an administrator by searching for cmd in the search box.
Run DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth from the command prompt window. The process will take some time, so you should be patient.
Once the operation has been completed, type the SFC /scannow and hit Enter. Wait for the verification to reach 100%.
Once you have exited Command Prompt, you can check if Windows Update works.
Downloading the Most Recent Servicing Stack Update (SSU)
You can try this method if your device is missing important security and quality fixes on 1803/1809.
- Go to Start > Settings > System.
- On the left, click About. In the Device specifications section, check your Windows operating system’s type.
- To download Microsoft Update Catalog’s latest SSU (e.g., KB4512403), go to the Microsoft Update Catalog’s official web page.
- Try starting your PC to see if the error code 0x80073712 has been resolved.
How to back up your computer
You should fix your device as soon as possible if you are missing important security or quality fixes, but no updates have been released, then you can install updates.
Windows updates alone might not be enough to keep your PC safe. Virus and malware attacks can cause data loss, so backing up your important files is important. You should also back up your Windows system before updating it so that you can roll back to the previous version in case of problems.
Frequently asked questions
Is It Safe To Use Your Device If It Misses Important Security And Quality Fixes?
A message stating that ‘Your device is missing important security and quality fixes’ means that you will not update your device.
The error message comes with a code. This alphanumeric code can be used by users to track down the cause of an issue and take the necessary steps to fix it.
Does Your Computer Say That Your Device Is Missing Important Security and Quality Fixes?
The primary cause of the ‘Your device is missing important security and quality fixes’ error message is corrupt files. In addition, missing files and malware may also be to blame. By downloading and installing the latest Service Stack Updates, the issue can be resolved.
What do we mean by 0x80080005?
0x80080005 indicates the inability of a Windows system to access data structures managed by the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS). In the meantime, the device will not get, download, or install Windows Updates.
While working on a PC or laptop, if you see the error of your device is missing important security and quality fixes, you can fix it by using any of the above-described solutions.
I hope you like the post a lot as it gives you enough information about the Solutions how to get out of your problem. Still, if you cannot get out of the error by applying all the solutions, you can post them in the comment section.