Data extraction is an important task used for saving data files in a secure place. Many organization has security and complaints standards that need to be met. This helps save important conversations from cloud to file for backup or transfer purposes. There are functionalities provided by Microsoft to smooth line the process. It can be daunting and puzzling if these facilities do not work as required and stop midway. There have been reports where Office 365 eDiscovery PST export tool slow, hangs, freezes and does not work. It can be both confusing and troubling for the administrator working on this. It can cause a panic among employees as the data file being used by some other process. If it the default database, all communications may be affected. There are ways to solve this issue in a few simple steps. This post covers all the relevant details that can be useful in such cases. Keep reading to find all the necessary information.
Are you trying to export mailbox data from Office 365 into PST file using Office 365 eDiscovery PST export tool, but failed? Let’s resolve eDiscovery PST export tool not working error using SysTools Office 365 Export Tool permanently in few clicks.
What is Office 365 eDiscovery PST Export Tool?
It is the inbuilt facility provided by the Microsoft company. It can be used to download O365 cloud mailbox data to Outlook data files (.pst). It is located at the Exchange Admin Centre. An administrator needs to have the Mailbox Import Export role assigned to them. Following are the steps to use the tool:
- First, launch EAC and go to Compliance Management >> In-place eDiscovery and Hold. Mention the user credentials and click Next button.
- Then, select the mailbox that has issues and click on Next button.
- Finally, check the settings and click Save.
- Back in the main page, click on the download arrow sign to save Office 365 emails to PST. A tool will be downloaded which is the eDiscovery Export tool. It will save the data to anywhere on the PC.
Reasons Office 365 eDiscovery PST Export Tool Not Working
Following are some of the common grounds that can cause problems while downloading data:
- A user may be using Internet Explorer 9.0 or later. This causes an issue while connecting and displays an error message.
- The Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 or later is needed for the export. It may not be available on the system.
- There may be some corruption or infection in the system or the browser being used. This may cause the Office 365 eDiscovery PST Export tool not working issue.
- Date and time settings may not be configured properly on the browser being used.
- Using a third-party browser like Chrome, Firefox etc. They need to have Click Once extension installed. This may not be present in the browser being used.
- A proxy server may be being used without the knowledge of the user.
Another Technique to Resolve Office 365 eDiscovery PST Export Tool Not Working
There can be a number of ways the extraction process may not complete successfully using the manual method. There are hangs, lags, slow performance or errors that may interrupt the entire process. There are alternatives that provide better results and flawless migration. Office 365 Export application is capable to download multiple mailbox data to Outlook PST/MSG or EML files. A user can select between accounts using admin credentials. An employee can choose between email folders to extract using their personal username and password. There are multiple features and facilities provided by the application. It is to split PST file, apply date filter, set different naming convention and select between mailbox items. It is simple to use and very cost-effective. The software is compatible with all the available versions of Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP or earlier ones.
Each department has its own tasks and the data center team is provided with the task of resolving issues. It also deals with storing important information in secure servers in case of possible corruption or infection. There are lots of different ways to backup data. There can be difficulties that can interrupt a simple transaction. This post covers the issue ‘ What if Office 365 eDiscovery Export tool failed and does not work. It can happen to anyone trying to extract cloud data to an Outlook data file(.pst). Instead of searching in forums and reporting the issue to Microsoft, one can read this post. It contains all the possible solutions and resolution which can be used for any technical and non-technical user.