How To Fix “APC Index Mismatch”?
Sometimes when you start your PC and look for something, it goes to a blue screen. It is a Microsoft regular blue screen that shows a problem where Windows needed to restart to fix a problem. It is the error of APC index mismatch.
The APC index mismatch error usually occurs when a driver is either not updated or poorly written for the Windows 10 upgrade. Then you have to check the drivers on all the hardware and update different things on your PC if you have
Windows 10 in your system and sometimes face this APC index mismatch error that this post is just made for you. Here in this article, we will discuss how to fix APC index mismatch.
What is a BSOD error?
Keep in mind that the blue screen of death (BSOD) Error is directly related to APC index mismatch. The Windows operating system’s catastrophic failure causes the system to restart.
This error is the result of a software bug and hardware failure. It might be due to malware infection or missing software files. You can get BSOD errors at any time, and unfortunately, it is difficult to troubleshoot.
For some users, this type of error comes in the form of unexpected kernel mode traps. Overall, it is called an APC index mismatch BSOD error that is problematic for your system. Unfortunately, it usually affects your drivers or hardware. Let’s discuss everything in detail about how to fix the APC index mismatch.
Why does Windows 10 display an APC index mismatch BSOD?
We all know very well that APC index mismatch is actually an error on Windows 10 and is usually brought about by a faulty or corrupt System Driver. Normally, the APC index mismatch error effects of the printer audio and graphic card drivers but any System.
The driver could be at fault.
This error might be due to a failed bug check when a system of driver files reports an incorrect value. Let’s discuss all the solutions in detail about fixing the APC index mismatch.
Installing the latest updates
Most surprisingly, you can easily fix APC index mismatch errors by installing the latest updates. Some users might get this error if the current version of Windows is not compatible with your specific hardware or software.
In many cases, you can easily fix this problem simply by installing the latest windows updates. Windows 10 will automatically download the updates in the background to make this process easier for you.
But unfortunately, some major updates can be missed due to certain bugs. So you should always check for updates manually by following the steps below.
- First of all, press Windows key + I to open the configuration app and then go to the update and security section.
- Then click the check for update button.
Windows will then search for available updates. Fortunately, if the updates are available, the windows will automatically download in the background. When you download the updates, it is necessary to install them as soon as you restart your computer.
Removing the DisplayLink driver
According to many users, APC index mismatch errors might be due to removing the display link drivers. Displaylink is very much helpful, especially when you have an extra monitor. But still, you are facing problems with the DisplayLink driver and Windows 10.
For this purpose, you have to uninstall the display link software from your PC or laptop. Just follow the steps below, with which you will be able to know how to fix the APC index mismatch.
- Go to the control panel and click programs and features.
- Then put DisplayLink core software on the list and uninstall it.
- When you uninstall it, you should restart your computer.
- If you want to completely uninstall the DisplayLink driver, download and run the DisplayLink installation cleaner.
- When you use this software, the DisplayLink driver must be completed and installed, and hopefully, you will be able to fix the APC index mismatch.
Changing the frequency of your RAM
Although it is an advanced solution, it might damage your computer. The reason is that when you change the RAM frequency, it will cause system instability if not done correctly.
So make sure you do it correctly. However, if you have some doubts, you can go for this process from an expert. Sometimes, when you change the frequency of your RAM, the motherboard will not handle the frequency.
So, the manufacturers usually advise removing all the existing overclocking settings. On the other hand, you can increase the speed of your time to match the frequency of your motherboard.
For this purpose, you must have a suitable overclocking tool, so make sure that you are doing the right process.
Checking your hardware
As I also discussed earlier, APC index mismatch BSOD error is usually caused due to faulty hardware; a faulty touchpad on a laptop might cause the problem. So, according to some users, if they replace the Touchpad, the APC index mismatch error will be resolved easily.
However, on the other side of your device is still under warranty; you might ship it to an authorized repair shop or hardware replacement. The reason is that APC index mismatch is a critical problem and will give you a lot of hassle.
But keep in mind that the blue screen of death error will be easily resolved with one of our solutions.
Checking your drivers
Keep in mind that APC index mismatch errors might sometimes appear after installing a new device on your computer. After installing a new device, your drivers would not be fully compatible with your computer system, and therefore this error will appear.
Make sure the installed device has the latest drivers to prevent compatibility issues. Here are the steps to update device drivers:
- First of all, if you do not have Windows 10 access, you can easily enter the safe mode and go towards the next step.
- Then start device manager, which can be done by pressing Windows key + X and choosing device manager from the list.
- When you restart the device manager, go for the device you just installed.
- If you see any device with a yellow triangle or an unknown device, it is time to update your drivers.
- After right-clicking on the device, you can easily do this from the device manager. Then choose the update driver option; however, on the other side, you can also download the latest drivers online.
Updating your drivers will keep your Windows 10 computer error-free. Unfortunately, if you want to update your drivers manually, it will take a long time. So using this software, driver update to update all of your drivers with one click.
Disabling the launch of Realtek HD audio manager
Sometimes the specific application for driver installed on your computer might cause an APC index mismatch error. According to some users, they observe a blue screen right after the login and, therefore, will not access Windows 10.
Windows 10 cannot be accessed regularly. To disable an application’s launch, you will need to boot into Safe Mode. Follow these steps:
- While your computer is starting up, restart it. Before the automatic repair begins, you will have to restart it several times.
- The repair process should be initiated automatically by Windows. Click Troubleshoot> Advanced Settings> Startup Options. Press Restart when prompted.
- After restarting your computer, you’ll see a list of options. Select Safe Mode with Network Functions by pressing F5 or 5.
- By following these steps, you can prevent the problematic application from launching after entering Safe Mode:
- Using your keyboard, press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager
- Go to the Commissioning tab after starting Task Manager.
- Upon startup, you will see a list of applications.
- You can disable the Realtek HD Audio Manager by right-clicking and selecting it.
- Disable all apps to prevent Windows 10 from starting them if this app is not listed).
- Restart your computer after closing Task Manager.
Disabling Virtualization in BIOS
According to some users, APC index mismatch error might be due to the virtualization feature.
Several Trend Micro tool users have reported APC_INDEX_MISMATCH errors.
Trend Micro is experiencing this issue because of the virtualization feature.
The following steps should be taken to solve the problem:
- You need to enter the BIOS. You must press the out or F2 key on your computer during bootup.
- You must disable virtualization in BIOS after entering it. The manual for your motherboard will contain detailed instructions on finding this feature.
- Check if the problem is resolved after disabling this feature. The solution can be skipped if your BIOS does not have the virtualization feature.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do we mean by an APC index mismatch?
APC stands for Asynchronous Procedure call, and APC index mismatch is a BSOD error. Due to this error, you will get your PC to restart and crash Windows. Therefore, you will get an error message with a corrupt file name such as win32k.sys fltmgr. sys, ntoskrnl, etc.
What do we mean by Microsoft Watchdog?
The Windows Internet Watchdog application has been identified as a fake anti-malware program. False positives from these “rogues” are intentionally sent to users to convince them that their systems have been compromised. Afterward, they claim their software will remove these threats.
If I receive a memory management error, what should I do?
- Perform a disk check.
- Install the latest software and hardware.
- Delete and repair system files.
- Additional options.
- Test the memory of Windows.
- Driver update for the video card.
- Perform a virus scan.
In this post, you have a clear picture of APC index mismatch and how to fix APC index mismatch. You can try any of the above-described solutions to get out of your problem. Still, if you have any queries, you can ask in the comments section.