Technology has crept into every aspect of our lives, including surveillance and security. Gone are the days when the security industry heavily relied on human labor. The advent of various security devices has transformed the security industry for the better. Here is Everything You Need To Know About the MV72.
These devices are not only easy to manipulate but also efficient in performing their tasks.
One of the most sought-after security devices is surveillance cameras. These video cameras are used for observing the occurrences in a given location. They are usually connected to an IP network or a recording device. They may be watched by a law enforcement officer or a security guard, or any other individual tasked with observing a given building or location’s security.
There are numerous types of surveillance cameras, with each of them designed with unique features that help them accomplish their tasks. However, is the Meraki MV72 a good security camera for your business?
An Overview of Meraki MV72 Security Camera
The Meraki MV72 is one of the newest inventions in the security industry. This surveillance camera is designed with unique features to provide you with foolproof security surveillance.
Its features include a 3-9mm varifocal with a 36-112 horizontal field of view. This feature enables it to give you a detailed, wide-angle survey of a large area. Furthermore, it allows you to zoom in on a specific area to better view a given object. Below is a discussion of other unique features of this security camera:
- 256 GB storage: This large storage space enables it to store large amounts of surveillance data. The large storage also ensures that you don’t have to regularly transfer files on the camera due to lack of space. Its storage space enables it to store up to 40 days of 24/7 continuous video data.
- Unique design: MV72 has the architectural benefits of the first generation cameras and enhanced processing capabilities that help it provide physical safety and security, and business intelligence.
- Microphone for audio recording: This feature ensures that you capture the video of what happens in the surveillance areas and the audio. The audio recordings may prove to be invaluable when you want to pinpoint the individuals who tried to breach your security.
- IR (infrared) illumination up to 98ft or 30m: The infrared illumination enables this camera to detect any surveillance area movements in the dim night light. As such, they ensure that your security surveillance is always up and running, no matter the lighting.
- IP67 weather resistant: The MV72 camera is certified as having the ability to resist substances such as water and dust. As such, you are assured that this security camera will continue to operate efficiently even during unfavorable weather conditions such as heavy downpours.
- IK10 impact-resistant: These cameras have been tested and proven to have the ability to resist impact from objects as heavy as 5kg. However, they can only resist the impact if the objects are dropped 400mm above them. Their ability to withstand impact enhances their durability and ensures they keep working even when subjected to heavy impact.
- 1080 high definition video recording: The MV72 security camera has a smartphone-grade processor that enables it to capture high resolution 1080 p images up to 20 frames in a second. This means that you can depend on this camera for a clear picture of real-time occurrences in the surveillance area.
Moreover, they also have an H.264 encoding, enhancing its ability to record clear videos, compress videos, and distribute the recorded content.
- Integrated 802. 11 ac wireless: This feature makes the MV72 easily upgradable. You, therefore, need not worry about many processes when you need to scale up this security camera.
Is Meraki MV72 a good security camera for your business?
Many businesses don’t have sufficient funds to employ enough security guards. Human protection would be unreliable especially when you want information about a past event. Therefore, many opt for video surveillance to protect their businesses from any forms of criminal activities.
Below are the reasons why you should buy the Meraki MV72 security camera for your business:
- It has accurate video and image recording capabilities.
This security camera has enhanced video recording capabilities. Its 1080p HD recording and H.264 encoding capture everything that happens in the surveillance area.
All the recordings made in the video are stored in cloud augmented storage. You can stream the recorded videos from anywhere with an automatic cloud proxy. In other words, you can actively keep an eye on the ongoing activity around your shop from a remote location.
The MV72 camera also has excellent camera capture capabilities. Its camera has a 4MP (2688×1520) progressive image sensor that ensures that it generates images that show the actual representation of your business’s happenings.
Moreover, the camera can capture horizontal (36-112°), vertical (20-57°), and diagonal (42-138°). You can therefore depend on this surveillance camera to capture all angles without leaving any blind spots.
- It is weather-resistant
One of the times when businesses become most vulnerable to security breaches is during harsh weather conditions such as heavy rainfalls or storms. This is the case because, in such scenarios, some surveillance security cameras become defective. Well, you don’t have to worry about that with the MV72 security camera.
This security camera has been tested and proven to be weather resistant. Its weather resistance rating is IP67, indicating that it is well suited to withstand water, dust, and other solid objects such as sand.
In addition, MV72 is also impact-resistant and you can rely on it to stay online even in the harshest weather conditions. Notably, it can operate in temperatures ranging between -40°F to 122°F).
- It can record large high volumes of data.
Storage space is a significant aspect that determines the suitability of a security camera. MV72 does not disappoint on this end. It has a 256GB storage space that’s large enough to record surveillance videos for approximately 30 days.
The large storage capacity makes it suitable for surveilling remote locations like warehouses. Moreover, you can purchase storage add-ons that can increase its storage capacity to either 60 or 180 days, depending on the amount of time you want to collect the surveillance data.
- Security machine learning capabilities for intelligent object detection
Meraki MV72 security camera has machine learning capabilities on top of its surveillance ability. For instance, its data processing ability enables it to extract specific images captured. Its algorithms can curate and continuously update the various videos and images captured.
Besides, these security cameras have machine learning capabilities that enable them to detect drift in models of objects and any other inaccuracies therein. Among the objects which it can detect include people and vehicles.
Since this camera helps you understand the objects that move through your premises, you can easily notice any irregularities and take mitigative actions.
- Its analytics can scrutinize customer foot traffic
This camera can process powerful analytics on the camera itself by transmitting metadata on the Meraki MV72 cloud. Therefore, the unique design of this camera reduces the complexity and costs of gathering detailed analytics on the foot traffic of customers to your business.
It attains this by aggregating all data relating to the Meraki dashboard’s customer foot traffic under the analytics tab of each camera.
Here, it creates histograms of the people who have passed through it such that it can give you the exact number of people who entered or were present in your store at a given point in time. The analytics also provide motion heat maps that can be correlated with the people detection data.
- It can alert your security staff to events in real-time
Meraki MV72 security cameras can detect even the slightest movement of objects (including cars and people) in real-time and alert your staff. Its effective detection system ensures that you are always on top of any potential security breaches.
- It has Infrared Illumination of up to almost 100 Ft.
An MV72 security camera is designed with an infrared illumination capability that enhances its ability to detect various objects that pass through its surveillance path. The infrared illumination comes in handy, especially when the area under surveillance is poorly lit. This is because these lights can detect objects in the dark.
Technological advancements have provided solutions in some of the most complex areas in the business world. Gadgets have replaced humans in most of the tasks. Specifically, technological innovations have changed the dynamics of the security industry. Security surveillance gadgets such as the Meraki MV72 aid security personnel in providing effective security services.
This dome-shaped security camera has advanced analytics and detection features that make it suitable for outdoor use and demanding deployment areas. Moreover, this camera is designed in a way that makes it easily scalable.
So, you don’t have to incur the cost of buying a new security surveillance camera. Enhance the security of your business by purchasing this security camera. You are guaranteed to get value for your money with this hi-tech security invention.