WordPress is one of the most popular content management systems, powering over 60 million websites, including almost 40% of the top ten million websites. WordPress is largely considered the most user-friendly open-source content management system available (CMS). WordPress was originally built as a blogging website, but its updated features can also support learning management systems and everything else. It is the objective of any company to create a website that leaves a lasting impression on users, prospective, and current clients. Many clients’ first experience with a company is online and through its website, no less–so it’s critical to take advantage of this chance. Therefore, there are certain essential elements that need to be incorporated into a corporate WordPress website.
What important elements should be incorporated in a corporate WordPress website?
Without a great website, it is impossible to plan a successful business. The most essential thing to remember is to give your website the care it deserves because an inefficient website is nothing more than a waste of time and money.
The key elements are:
- Branding: Your company’s branding should be figured out before you ever enter WordPress. Branding not only gives your company’s communication and advertising channels a unified and consistent design but also boosts your company’s perceived professionalism. The most important elements of branding that one needs to consider are-
Logo, color palette, and typography. If your company has an attractive logo then your clients will be impressed easily. The color palette also has to look professional, for your corporate company and lastly, the writing style and the content on the website have to look catchy.
- Catchy domain name: A domain name is required for any website, regardless of its design. Some people believe that the name you select is unimportant, but your website will appear untrustworthy if you choose a terrible name. It’s essential to put in some keywords that will generate some traffic towards your website. However, long domain names are not preferred as they make your website name cumbersome. Also, remember to put in a good extension, ( dot com preferably) which is the most popular one to date. However, if one cannot go through all the processes, it is important to outsource WordPress development to certain developers who will help you with this process.
- Easy navigation: Navigation might look like a simple term, but in reality, if your website does not have a properly constructed, user-friendly database, then it can lead to a loss for your business. Keep in mind while building your website that visitors are quick to evaluate. Many visitors will abandon your site if they can’t find the menu within a few seconds. The same may be said about confusing navigation that has too many levels or necessitates too much scrolling, especially if they are viewing on their mobile. It is important to keep the website intuitive, yet simple for the audience.
- Responsive website layout: There are no exceptions in this case; every website must be responsive. To emphasize this, Google now employs a mobile-first indexing strategy to reward websites that prioritize users’ mobile experience. As everyone has access to a mobile, websites must be created keeping in mind a responsive layout that will be mobile-friendly also. WordPress themes are already present to help one out with the process, therefore it is not much of a hassle. Over 60% of users nowadays prefer to access websites using their smartphones, thus all of the major websites are created with a mobile-friendly version.
- Inclusion of media: There are several reasons why you should add visual material to your websites, such as photos and videos. There’s also the issue of comprehension: visual material is processed multiple times faster than text-only stuff. There’s also the issue of visibility to consider: visual material receives over 90% more views than non-visual content. In web design, images and videos are crucial. People nowadays don’t want to wait, and visual material is a quick method to convey a message without requiring visitors to read too much.
- Clear and visible Call to action: A call to action can be as simple as a “purchase now” button, a list of phone numbers, or a request for a quote. You’ve got a website visitor who’s interested in your service. The call to action should be built in such a manner that visitors who are touring your website for information should learn more about the products and services you provide at the same time. This is how you may direct people to your website even if they aren’t looking for it, and an effective call to action will persuade them to make a purchase or submit an inquiry.
- Social media linkages: Your objective is to keep visitors on your site until they make a purchase. If they must leave, however, social media icons allow them to connect with and keep in contact with your company even when they are not there. Visitors may also act as brand advocates for you by sharing your data and services using social media share icons.
If you follow these steps and include these elements in your website, then it will surely generate a lot of traffic for your business. These elements give your corporate website an official and professional look that will perform better in the future.