Queensland’s 2nd biggest city, Gold Coast, is beautiful. There is a lot to see and do in the city itself and also all around. There are miles of long sandy beaches, waterways, theme parks, a movie world from Warner Brothers, surfing, and hiking for the outdoor enthusiast. The 300 sunshine days a year attract more than 13 million visitors.
Gold Coast is a tropical, sunny, sandy, and adventurous paradise for tourists. The city also offers shopping, nightlife, music, culture, and food. Here are some of the best places to visit in Gold Coast –
- Whale Watching – Get very close to the huge humpback whales and see them for a lifetime experience. Both public and customized boat tours are organized. For the best chance to see these whales, visit during the June-November time. Don’t forget to snap memorable photos.
- Sea World, Dream World – These two are very good theme parks. You can see many marine lives at the Sea World oceanarium. Impressive conservation work is also carried out here. Dream World is the country’s biggest theme park. They are both very good places to visit with the entire family for more than half a day. Kids and adults both love them.
- Surfer’s Paradise – A beachside suburb for swimming and surfing. This is, in fact, the best place for surfing in the country for beginners. It is popular even with the advanced surfers because there are good challenges to be found here. Many championships and events are held here. Surfer’s Paradise also offers great shopping, nightlife, and parties. The area has a happening café and restaurant scene as well.
- Casino Gambling – Head to Jupiter’s for casino gambling. It’s a private place with 2 private rooms – Sovereign and Suite. Jupiter’s also offer games that you might not find at other brick-and-mortar casino houses. Many players, though, now prefer to play casino online. To play on the web, visit online gambling casino Syndicate. To play offline at Gold Coast, go to Jupiter’s.
Learn Smart Strategies for Slot Tournaments here to win. There are also scratch offers where you can win cash prizes and also food and drink vouchers. You may also want to check out how to win No Store Bonus at casino gambling here.
5. Movie World – Run by Warner Brothers, this movie-based theme park brings together the world of cartoons, movies, water slides, and roller coasters. Their inverted drop coaster is the steepest in the southern hemisphere. Superhero fans can meet Superman, Batman, Scooby Doo and other characters.
6. Mount Tamborine – Hilly region of Queensland’s Scenic Rim. You will find here many rugged cliffs, waterfalls, ancient rainforests, glow warm caves, and walking trails to explore. There is zip-lining for adventure lovers. Don’t miss the Rainforest Skywalk. You can also see the volcano Mount Warning, which is now dead. Also make sure to visit the aboriginal sites and learn about their culture. There are wineries too if you are interested.
- National Parks – There are two national parks to visit near Gold Coast. At Springbrook you can see unique animals and plants not seen anywhere else. There is also a natural bridge with its stone arch and beautiful waterfalls. Don’t miss the impressive beech trees. The Lamington Park is a UNESCO World Heritage site. Its Gondwana rainforest has plenty of wildlife, waterfalls. There is also treetop walking and aboriginal culture.