Aadhaar for your toddler is nowhere. You might wonder why a child would need a unique identification number. If you haven’t made a passport for your child yet, a Baal Aadhaar could hasten the process. Given that the Aadhaar card has now become a crucial part of the passport application process for adults, it could very soon become a necessity for your child too. To pre-empt future problems, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) introduced the Baal Aadhaar card. Here’s guide how to apply for aadhar card but before applying let’s understand what is Baal Aadhaar Card and what are its benefits.
What Is Baal Aadhaar?
A Baal Aadhaar card is issued to children below the age of 5 years. While biometrics are not taken from the child below 5 years, you, as a parent, have to provide demographic details from your own Aadhaar card. When your child turns 5, their biometrics will be updated. A normal Aadhaar card is then issued after the child’s biometrics are recorded.
Benefits of Baal Aadhaar Card
The Baal Aadhaar card could benefit your child in a number of ways. Some of these are as follows:
- It can be used as an identity proof for your child in flights, railways or even hotels.
- Most schools have made the Baal Aadhaar number mandatory in admission forms.
- The Baal Aadhaar card is mandatory if you want to avail for the facility of a mid-day meal for your child.
- It makes it easy for your child to attend educational programmes and avail any government scholarships available for a smooth education
- It can make ease bank-related work, like opening a bank account for your child.
- With it, you can even start investments in your child’s name.
Documents For Baal Aadhaar For Kids Under 5 Years
- Your child’s birth certificate is compulsory to apply for Baal Aadhaar.
- You or your spouse will need to provide their Aadhaar card details, which will be linked to your child’s Baal Aadhaar. If you do not have an Aadhaar, you will need to enrol for an Aadhaar and then apply for your child. After applying you may also check the e aadhar status following a simple procedure.
- If your child enrolled in a play school, their school photo ID card can be used as a document proof while applying for Baal Aadhaar. However, it will only be accepted if the school is a recognized educational institution.
Documents For Baal Aadhaar For Kids Aged Between 5 – 15 Years
- Birth certificate of your child for identity proof
- School ID card
- Bonafide certificate on the letterhead of the schooling institute
- Your or your spouse’s Aadhaar card
- Identity certificate with your child’s photo issued by a Gazetted Officer/Tehsildar
Documents for Proof Of Address
- Your or your spouse’s Aadhaar card or Aadhar online download soft copies
- Your residential address certificate with your child’s photograph issued by an MP or MLA/Gazetted Officer/Tehsildar on a letterhead
- Address certificate issued by a village panchayat head or any equivalent authority (for rural areas)
How to Apply For Baal Aadhaar
- Take your child to the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre
- Fill the Aadhaar Enrolment Form
- Submit your child’s birth certificate
- Attach yours or your spouse’s Aadhaar card
- Your Aadhaar details will be linked to your child’s Baal Aadhaar
- Once approved, an acknowledgement slip will be given to you which will consist of a 14-digit enrolment number, time and date of enrolment
- Use this number to check your child’s Baal Aadhaar status
- The generated Baal Aadhaar will be sent to the registered address within 90 days of enrolment
|Also Read: How to Link LIC Insurance Policy with Adhaar and PAN|
Now that you know the benefits of Baal Aadhaar, and have applied for it, you can also read about how to download aadhar card online. If you are seeking a loan to go on an international trip with your child, take a look at the pre-approved offers on personal loans and other financial products by lenders like Bajaj Finserv. The process of availing the loan is simple and easy. Just share your basic details and check out your pre-approved offer.
The introduction of Baal Aadhaar card is an ambitious move by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). The Baal Aadhaar gives your child a legal identity and empowers him/her to avail numerous benefits. The blue-colored Baal Aadhaar card does not require biometric details of children below the age of 5 years. Once, your child passes that age, their biometric information can be updated at the nearest Aadhaar enrolment center. To encourage people to enrol for Baal Aadhaar, the government has decided to issue these cards free of charge. So, enrol for your child’s Aadhaar card today.