You have had a rough five days and it is that time of the week when you really wish to let your hair down and unwind. To the rescue come the pubs, that give you a respite from the boring evenings spent at home, devouring semi warm pizza while bingeing on Netflix. For the people of Bangalore, it gets tougher, for they need to take a pick from some of the amazing pubs that line the city. Most of them are so good that they become your choice for an evening out, even in the middle of the week. We bring you a glimpse of the choicest pubs and hotels in Bangalore.
This one is the favorite of Bangalore and a trip to Toit is a must for anyone visiting Bangalore too. Toit serves the best beer in town and that is because they brew it themselves. Sounds exciting, eh? The food is a perfect match to the superb draft beer that has variants like the rice draft and the banana draft.
- Open Timings: 12 Noon to 1 AM
- What you must try: Tin-Tin beer with some Italian and American Pizza and Mixed Meat Chicken
- Location: 100 Feet Road, Indiranagar
Byg Brewsky Brewing Company
Bring it on and bring it on the rocks, at this swanky Bangalore pub that has an ambiance to match its splendid menu. The open terrace seating area gives a spectacular view of the fishes, swirling around in the huge pool that sits right in the center of the place. This pub serves freshly brewed beer at its bars, one of which is near the pool and the other one inside.
- Open Timings: 12.30 PM to 1 AM
- What you must try: Island Iced Tea, LIT, Great Pretender, Bacon Wrapped Chicken, and succulent Chicken Tikka
- Location: Sarjapur Road
Church Street Social
What a place this is! With its interiors themed like the insides of a jail, the place is as quirky as it gets. The DJ belts some foot tapping music that makes you want to shake a leg instantly. Social has been making an impact in every city that it has opened up in and Bangalore is no exception to this rule. The place is one of the top picks to hang out even during the day when the atmosphere is super vibrant at this pub.
- Open Timings: 9 AM to 1 AM
- What you must try: Moonshine, Chicken Wings that go perfectly with beer, and Schezuan Chicken China box
- Location: Cobalt Building, Church Street
Arbor Brewing Company
If you are looking for a pub that serves top-notch drinks and some gorgeous continental cuisine, then, ABC ticks all the right boxes for you. American food served here gives a perfect company for their interesting options in handcrafted beer. An all-wood décor complete with high chairs gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling at this American style pub.
- Open Timings: 12 Noon to 12 Midnight
- What you must try: Start with their bacon salad and don’t forget to try Arbor-er and Baked Mac and Cheese
- Location: Allied Grande Plaza, Brigade Road, Bangalore
Skyye City Bar
This rooftop bar is soaring on the popularity charts faster than you can say ‘beer’. It lives up to its name for this Lounge pub is one of the highest in Bangalore. High chairs, thumping dance floor, and live performances give you the complete package that everyone is looking for, as the weekend arrives. The place is always abuzz with something or the other like Karaoke Nights, book readings, and exhibitions.
- Open Timings: 5.30 PM to 1 AM
- What you must try: Chicken Satay, Potato Wedges, and Peri Peri Chicken
- Location: UB City, Vittal Mallya Road, Lavelle Road
High Ultra Lounge
Another rooftop gem amongst the pubs of Bangalore, High gives you a high, literally! The sprawling pub gives you a splendid view of the Bangalore skyline while you sip your martini, enjoying a romantic dinner with your partner.
- Open Timings: 12.30 PM to 3.30 PM, 5.30 PM to 1 AM
- What you must try: Jumbo Prawns, Salmon Sushi, and Pad Thai Noodles
- Location: World Trade Centre, Brigade Gateway Campus, Malleshwaram
This write-up will not be complete without the mention of Watsons, Pecos, Fenny’s, District 6, Loft 38 and The Biere Club, all of them being a favorite of beer aficionados and anyone looking to have a good time.