Silicon Valley always comes to mind when you think of IT jobs. It is home to tech giants such as Google and Apple. But these past few years, Texas is emerging as the newest hub for Information Technology companies. Even the big companies have already set up an office in the “lone star” state. Many start-ups are also building their companies there.
Maybe you are wondering if you must send your application for IT Jobs in Texas. Read on and find out why this state might be a viable home to fulfill your career goals.
- Its relatively smaller area is an excellent venue for exploring and meeting new people. It is less Metropolitan than its California counterpart which sends out a more relaxed vibe conducive for creative thinking.
- Many applicants for IT Jobs in Texas are attracted to the companies because of the hefty compensation. Because of its pro-economic policies, more businesses have a higher net income, which allows them to provide more significant benefits to their employees.
- There are few job applicants for a job. Texas only has a four percent unemployment rate, so competition is not stiff. Jobs are abundant for everyone.
- There are short application time and relatively easy job application processes. Since companies need more workers, they have devised a system where applying for a job is swifter than ever. So if you are looking for tech jobs, this is the best time to send that resume.
- Texas is one of the two states in the United States that have the lowest cost of living. Purchasing your own home can already be possible in the shortest time. Food costs and utility expenses are affordable. You will be able to stretch your income, save or invest in properties.
- The Music Industry and Technology are intertwined. Music Festivals attract tech giants in Texas. Technology plays a big part in the success of the music business. So, if you are like most tech people who are into music, you would find working in Texas an enjoyable experience.
- The University of Texas and the SXSW (South by Southwest) Conference is a great venue to hone your IT skills. It is a great venue to network and discover new creative avenues for technological advancement.
- Texans are warm and friendly. The laidback rhythm allows creativity to flourish and provides a harmonious work environment. The people are always ready to lend a helping hand, which gives it a strong feeling of belonging.
Now that you know the reasons why you should apply for a job in Texas, start exploring your options by visiting job sites. Job lists are often updated so you won’t miss out on the perfect opportunity. You may also try networking with people who are currently building their careers in Texas. Who knows, you might get a referral and land the tech job of your dreams.