If you are soon to be finishing your education, your thoughts will no doubt be focused on a career and this is an exciting time for a young person to be entering into the job market. The best advice we’ve heard this year is ‘aim high’ and don’t settle for anything less and with that in mind, here are a few great career opportunities that have unlimited potential.
- Artificial Intelligence – AI is ready to transform society in so many ways and if you have a background in computer science and enjoy writing code, machine learning might be the perfect field for you. One thing is for sure, your services will always be in demand, after a few years of supervised training, of course. Being involved with cutting-edge technologies is more than a little exciting and once the Internet of Things is up and running, there will be huge demand for AI technicians.
- The Field of Psychology – There are quite a few careers that require a bachelor of psychology degree; clinical psychologist, counselling psychologist, forensic, occupational, criminal and even sports. You could enjoy an illustrious career as a sport and exercise psychologists, working with top sportspeople and by studying hard for the requires subjects, you can enter the university of your choosing.
- Personal Trainer – The demand for qualified personal trainers is growing, as the global trend for high fitness level continues; if you are fit and able and lobe working out, why not enrol in an online course that leads to certification, then you can either work as a freelance personal trainer or work as an instructor at a local fitness centre or gym. This is an intensive course that demands your total commitment, and if you have what it takes a long and rewarding career awaits. This is a career that offers you the freedom and independence to work at any location; you could apply for a job at a premier resort and spa in tropical Thailand or Fiji, where you would receive free accommodation as well as a good salary.
- Cruise Ship Worker – There is a constant demand to crew the huge cruise liners and the list of trades they require is indeed long. You could explore your talent and become an entertainer, or choose a position in the ship’s many kitchens, while if you like working with people, the hospitality sector offers unlimited potential. It’s hard work but you get to see some of the more glamorous parts of the world. Click here for a list of things you can do after you graduate.
- Robotics – The future of manufacturing, robotics is merging with machine learning to provide a springboard for a new and innovative industry. If you like working with your hands and are technically minded, check out the universities that offer courses that are relevant.
Click here for some career guidance from the Australian government, which might help you make the right decisions. Whatever path you choose, it should be something that you enjoy, after all, you are going to spend most of your adult life working in that field.