We have seen people not liking salmon and avoiding the delicacy whenever and wherever they can. But, if you know the best of salmon recipes and make it right, it is one of the most delicious food items and will soon appear in your favorite food list. In this blog, we have got you some of the amazing salmon recipes that will make you fall in love with it and these are so easy to make!
3 Best Baked Salmon Recipes in the World
This is the simplest salmon recipe you will come across. We have seen people asking how to cook salmon in an oven. So here it is!
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Level: Easy
For Salmon recipe:
- 12 ounces of salmon fillet
- Ground black pepper
- Baked squash (optional)
- Toasted Almond Parsley Salsa
- Coarse-grained salt
For Toasted Almond Parsley Salad:
- Coarse grain salt
- 1 shallot
- 2tbspd rinsed capers
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley (fresh)
- 1tbsp red wine vinegar
- Extra virgin oil
- ½ cup toasted almonds
- Start with preheating the oven at 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Season the salmon with salt and paper
- Place it on a non-stick pan/backing sheet (skin-side down). Make sure the pan has an ovenproof handle.
- Bake the salmon for 12-15 minutes until it is properly cooked
- Serve it with the side salad.
- Toasted Almond Parsley Salad
- Mince the shallot well in a small bowl and pour some apple cider vinegar.
- Add a pinch of salt and leave it for half an hour.
- Chop the capers, almonds and parsley.
- Add to the shallots.
- Add olive oil to taste and mix.
Garlic Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon
The flavor of garlic brown sugar glazed salmon is amazing. The mix of brown sugar, soy sauce and garlic makes it a delectable treat for a salmon lover and if you are not one yet, you will surely turn after having this salmon American cuisine. It is a perfect recipe for your holiday meal.
- 2 pounds salmon (you can use Atlantic salmon)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2tbsps olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1tsp salt
- Juice of a lemon
- 1/2tsp pepper
- Chopped parsley and sliced lemon for garnishing
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F. While the oven heats, take a baking sheet and place an aluminum foil.
- Now keep the salmon on the foil.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper
- Fold the foil sides properly around the salmon
- Take a small bowl and put olive oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Pour this glaze over the salmon and seal with aluminum foil.
- Bake for almost 20-25 minutes or until properly cooked
- Remove the top aluminum foil and baste salmon with the sauce in the foil.
- Keep boiling it for around 3-5 minutes (until brown) and serve with chopped parsley and sliced lemon
Parmesan Garlic Herb Marinade
Thus Parmesan Garlic herb recipe involves baking salmon in a marinade of parmesan cheese, minced garlic and Italian seasoning, giving it an amazing flavor. It is one of the healthy baked salmon recipes that you must try. The best part is the salmon is baked in a foil!
Here comes the easy recipe for you:
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 3tbsp butter
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 1 ½ pound salmon (whichever you like)
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1/4tsp pepper
- 1/2tsp Italian seasoning
- 2tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 2tbsp chopped parsley (fresh)
- Preheat your oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lay a foil piece on the baking sheet.
- On the other side melt the butter in a medium flame.
- Turn off the stove and add lemon juice, parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, Italian seasoning and pepper.
- Now place the salmon on the aluminum foil (skin side down) and brush it will the garlic butter marinade.
- Add the chopped parsley on the top and fold the sides of the foil and seal.
- Bake the foiled salmon for around 13-15 minutes or until you think it turns firm.
- Unwrap it and broil for another 2-3 minutes. Make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Take it out of the oven and garnish with chopped parsley. You can also add grated parmesan cheese if you want.
It’s ready to serve!
FAQS while preparing a salmon dish
How much time does it take for baking salmon in a foil?
To bake salmon in a foil, you need to preheat the oven at 350 degrees and keep the salmon for 20-25 minutes. Seal the salmon properly and when baked, baste the glaze well on the top. Broil it for the next 3-5minutes.
How can I know if the salmon is completely cooked?
When the fat of the meat liquefies and runs out, you know that it is cooked. You can cook it further just to have the degree of doneness you want. When the flakes are easily separated but meat seems translucent, it is rare but still edible.
What are the best side dishes that I can pair with salmon?
You can use side dishes with carrots, broccoli, asparagus, corn, green beans, rice, Brussel sprouts or a side salad to pair with your oven-baked salmon.
What are the health benefits of eating salmon?
Salmon is highly nutritional and one of the healthiest foods to consume. Check out these proven health benefits of salmon:
- It is a great resource of protein and our body needs protein to protect bones, avoid muscle loss, etc. Salmon offers 22-25gms protein with every 3.5-ounce intake.
- It is rich in Vitamin B and thus helps in controlling inflammation, energy production and in maintaining good brain and heart health.
- It is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Fatty acids help minimize inflammation, decrease the risk of diseases and check the problem of lower blood pressure.
- It has good Selenium content which helps in improved thyroid function, minimizing the risk of cancer and protects bone health.
- It is high in potassium which is important for balancing blood pressure and restricts excess fluid retention.
- It helps in weight control as a result of reduced appetite. Salmon boosts the metabolic rate, reduces belly fat and improves insulin sensitivity.
- Salmon reduces the risk of cardiac problems.
If you love to eat soup, then you must know how to cook a healthy cabbage soup for a healthy diet.