Close to 40% of American adults are obese. With 2020 in full swing, everyone is looking for the best way to meet their weight-loss goals.
One diet that is paving the way is the ketogenic, or keto for short, diet. This high-fat, low-carb diet can yield amazing results for a person serious about losing weight.
When you achieve ketosis, your body starts to burn fat because there are no carbs to burn for energy.
We want you to start your clean keto meal plan off right. Here are some tips to get you started.
Reducing carbohydrates (carbs) is the main factor in a keto diet. Reaching ketosis can be achieved by consuming less than 20 grams of carbs a day. Some can achieve ketosis with more.
What replaces the carbs?
Since you will not be eating as many carbs, you will substitute protein and fat. The fat content should be higher than the protein content.
Studies have shown that high-fat diets cause more weight loss than low-fat diets.
Won’t high-fat diets make me gain weight?
No. Like all diets, food consumption should be done in moderation. Eating a meal that is mostly fat and protein satisfies hunger and appetite.
Foods to Avoid
What foods should you avoid? This is naturally the question people wonder about when doing a keto diet. Here is a list of examples:
- Alcohol/Soda Drinks – We all enjoy an alcoholic beverage at the end of the day, but the truth is some of these drinks are loaded with carbs.
- Fruit – Aren’t fruits healthy? To an extent, but they are full of sugar.
- Some Vegetables – Say goodbye to potatoes, french fries, and corn.
- Pasta – It’s hard to not eat a plate of spaghetti, but there are healthier substitutes out there.
- Bread – Rolls, cookies, sandwich bread, and other grains will not help you achieve ketosis.
There are other edibles we do not think about such as barbecue sauce, salad dressings, syrup, and beans that should also be avoided with the keto diet.
Clean Keto Meal Plan Foods to Enjoy
These are the foods that you can enjoy and savor on your way to weight loss and fitness:
- Beef – Steaks are tasty and good for the keto diet.
- Chicken & Turkey – They are a great source of protein.
- Some Vegetables – Broccoli and mushrooms will go well with the meat.
- Eggs – These are a great meal choice because they provide the protein and the fat content needed for ketosis.
- Dairy – Cheese, butter, and yogurt work well with keto and can add flavor.
- Nuts – Peanuts and walnuts are a good snack substitute.
There are plenty of other things to eat, but this will get you started. Water and anything unsweetened should be your drink of choice throughout the day.
Additionally, eating in moderation is the best advice for this diet. Your keto plan might be able to handle a small amount of the foods to avoid.
Read more now to learn if a keto meal plan is for you.
It’s Time to Start Your Keto Plan
Now, you are armed with the basics of creating a clean keto meal plan. It’s time to burn fat and get energy back into your life.
Get your 2020 started right by looking, feeling and being healthier.