Hulu in Canada
Hulu might be very well known and easily accessible in the United States. It, however, is not yet available in Canada. This might not mean much to a lot of people. But, some people want to get all that can be obtained from watching television. This set of people are very keen on having access to Hulu.
Unfortunately, people living in Canada cannot watch Hulu because of issues related to rights to content. You need to understand that there are certain firms in various countries that have bought exclusive rights to show a lot of the content that Hulu is known for streaming. Also, unlike Netflix, all the contents that are shown on Hulu are contents that have just been aired a day before on traditional television. This explains why Hulu cannot be accessed by people living outside the United States.
There are quite some reasons why Hulu cannot be accessed in Canada. Some of them include;
- Getting the reserved rights to a television show or event to get aired in various countries after it just got aired recently is not the easiest of things.
- There is a financial responsibility that is associated with having the rights to air contents that already exist. If Hulu must have access to all the events and television shows that exist, a license will be needed.
Although on a commercial scale, Hulu is not yet available in Canada, people that live in Canada can still enjoy all that it has to offer. To enjoy Hulu in Canada, follow the procedures below.
Steps in Setting up Hulu in Canada
If you want to enjoy Hulu in Canada, follow these steps;
Get a method of payment that is valid in the United States
This is the only way to get your Hulu account registered. Doing this is not exactly easy as it involves getting a payment card that does not get issued out of the United States. While this is difficult, it is not impossible. Some tips can help you get an American payment card even if you do not live in the United States.
- Work with a friend that lives in the United States: If you have a good relationship with your friend, you will not need to pay for this. However, if your friend insists, a little payment will be good.
- Get in touch with someone willing to share their Hulu subscription: This might require you paying for full or part of their subscription fees.
You will have to make Hulu believe it is offering its service to someone that is resident in the United States.
This can be done with the use of a VPN. This way, you can choose any location you want to be. Don’t make use of just any VPN. Get one that works well with Netflix, Hulu, and the likes.
You need to get the Hulu app
- This involves getting signed out of Soundcloud
- Creating a new account with your new location
- Downloading the Hulu app
- Signing in to the new Hulu account you just downloaded with the info for your old account.