Introduction to Hotel Management
Hotel management diploma courses include a wide range of topics related to operational aspects of hospitality. After doing the diploma course in hotel management, the candidate can efficiently coordinate many operational tasks of running a successful hotel. It’s a joyful experience for those who have an interest in this field which provides employment opportunities across the world.
After a diploma course in hotel management candidate becomes perfect for handling the responsibilities of reception, administration, restaurant and bar operations, management, and marketing.
Eligibility Criteria For Hotel Management – Minimum qualification required to go for the hotel management course is 12th. Duration of bachelor course is 3 years whereas the diploma course is of 2-year duration.
Admission Criteria – Both the government and private colleges run a hotel management course. Selection for hotel management is through common entrance test which includes English, Reasoning, General Science and General Knowledge. This entrance examination is of 2 hours duration and held in April every year. The candidate after clearing the entrance test has to appear for group discussion and interview in which his personality and confidence is judged by the faculty of hotel management courses.
Qualities Of A Person To Become A Hotelier – The 1st thing which is required is good organizational background. Apart from this, self-discipline, extrovert nature, willingness to work in night shifts, respect for guests and above all patience to deal with the criticism of guest even when you know you are right.
The Key Areas of Hotel Management Certificate Courses –
- Front Office Operation and Management – It’s a known fact that “1st impression is the last impression” and front office department is responsible for the creation of 1st hand impressions regarding the level of services and facilities provided. The front desk is responsible for answering all the enquiries of the guests. In other words, we can say that the front office department is the face of the hotel or hospitality establishment.
- Housekeeping Operations and Management – This department of hospitality plays a very vital role in maintaining a high standard of hotel. This department is responsible for the tidiness of the hotel which is the 1st requirement of every guest.
- Food & Beverage Operations and Management – Failing to meet guest expectation at breakfast, lunch, dinner or in the bar is inconsequential. One mistake is sufficient to leave a long-lasting negative impact on the guests. So, this department is responsible for serving the food and beverages in a graceful manner which adds the taste to the already delicious food.
- Food Production Principles and Management – Here comes the department which is the backbone of every hotel venture. It is involved in the preparation of food i.e. the processing of converting raw materials into mouth-watering dishes. A Chef is responsible from purchasing to deciding the menu, supervising the kitchen sanitation standards and coming up with new dishes. Apart from making all delicious food, chefs monitor the portion size and waste control to maintain a profit margin.
Career Prospects After Hotel Management – Apart from jobs in hotels and restaurants, hotel management graduates or diploma holders can pursue their career in the following fields –
- Airlines catering and Cabin Services.
- Club management.
- Cruise management.
- Hospitality services in Indian Navy.
- Kitchen management in various schools, colleges, factories and guesthouses.
- Catering department of railways, banks.
- Self-employment, i.e. as an entrepreneur.
Conclusion – Hospitality industry has a wide scope in future because of globalization not only in India but also overseas. The candidate can have a handsome salary package with respect and gratitude from clients or guests. You will also get to explore and enhance your true creativity and performance potential. Your passion and desire to succeed in this field may take you a long way ahead in career.