Smart preparation is the key to success. A student of class 12th already has so much on his plate. Therefore, preparing smartly is possible with effective tips. Here are some tips for the Class 12th English exam.
Know the syllabus
Refer to the curriculum as the first and most important CBSE Class 12 English preparation advice. Because the syllabus has been shortened this year, it is critical for students to understand what has been removed. The CBSE Class 12 English Core Syllabus will assist students in understanding the vital themes as well as the allocation of marks across all disciplines. Knowing the syllabus and preparing accordingly will, thus, be quite beneficial. Another suggestion is to read over the poetry and chapters at least once before they are delivered in class.
Students frequently take English for granted, resulting in lower grades. They must realize that by studying this subject, they will be able to enhance their overall percentage without putting in a lot of effort. It is extremely advised that students devote at least one hour per day to learning English. Make the most of this one hour by reading a lot. It’s important to remember that it won’t just help one finish the chapters; it’ll also help one improve the reading skills. Not only that, but it will also increase the student’s vocabulary and writing abilities. This is one of the best CBSE Class 12 English preparation suggestions for the year.
Practice past year question paper
To determine the difficulty level of the question papers, students must solve previous years’ CBSE Class 12 exam papers. Not only that, but they will be able to determine which area receives the greatest scores by solving past years’ sample papers. As a result, students should consult prior year’s question papers to obtain a sense of the questions.
Answer in a creative manner
Students must Endeavour to contribute to the answers while answering the questions in the literary portion. Answering the questions from the student’s point of view and thoughts while maintaining the essence and context of the answer will help to score high. This is the result of insatiable reading and a keen interest in the subject. As a result, students are encouraged that in addition to the course, they should read novels and other works that interest them in order to improve their vocabulary and writing skills. This is one of the most beneficial CBSE English Class 12 preparation suggestions.
Students should be aware that the CBSE English paper is rather long. As a result, being able to manage time effectively is crucial. They are encouraged to read the question paper rapidly in the 15 minutes allotted for reading. In the first 10 minutes, students must read the ‘Reading part’ of the question paper and thoroughly comprehend the passages and related questions. They should use the remaining 5 minutes to look through the questions from the literary part. This will assist you in effectively managing the time while taking the exams. This is one of the most crucial CBSE English Class 12 preparing tips.
Apart from this, other general tips are as follows:-
- Make certain you understand the letter-writing and summary-writing formats. Practice writing these formats over and again to ensure that one can write them perfectly in exams. Make a strong first impression with the introduction and conclusion while drafting your letter.
- Completely read the comprehension passage. Read the questions before reading the comprehension passages in the CBSE Class 12 English paper since this will help one to identify the areas of the passage that contain the answers when reading.
- Concentrate on honing your writing talents. Get into the habit of reading the newspaper every day to improve your grammar and expand your vocabulary. It will assist the reader in constructing grammatically correct statements.
- Make a list of character sketches and main themes. Prepare notes on character sketches of important characters as well as central topics for the prose or poetry component of the CBSE Class 12 English paper. Also, while using quotes may help to get good grades, do not quote if one is doubtful, as an improper quote will immediately draw the examiner’s attention.
- Studying selectively is never a smart idea. Give each chapter or poem the attention it deserves. Even if a chapter is challenging for everyone, do not skip it without at least reading it twice or three times.
- Make wise decisions. The question papers are divided into three sections, so choose deliberately which questions one will attempt under each area from the options provided.
- Pay attention to the questions while reading. Many students are in such a rush to start writing their papers that they are oblivious to the question’s requirements. Read all of the questions carefully to ensure that one understands what they require, and then write down the responses.
- The NCERT solution follows the curriculum of the Central Board of Secondary Education. Vistas is the first book that comprises 8 chapters. The Third Level, Journey to the End of the Earth, The Tiger King, The Enemy, Should Wizard Hit Mommy, Evans Tries an O-level, and Memories of Childhood, On the Face of It, are the chapters in this collection.
The other book is Flamingo which contains poetry and prose. There are 6 chapters in the poem section and 8 chapters in the prose segment.
- Detailed answers are provided in NCERT for all these chapters. To grasp the right answer writing structure for the exam, you must study all of the chapters and look through all of the answers provided in the NCERT solutions. One will be able to prepare for the exam much better once they begin referring to these solutions. The solutions can be used as reference material for the English chapters by students.
Conclusion: Therefore, a student can follow the above-mentioned tips and can enhance their performance in the English exam.