The Science Olympiad Organization hosts the International Mathematics Olympiad, a mathematics competition. The SOF IMO is an assessment that measures students’ mathematical understanding and capability.
Students who take part in the IMO can compare their grasp of the subject and abilities to solve various problems with their classmates at the school, city, zonal, and worldwide levels. In addition, the International Maths Olympiad provides students with self-assessment and a variety of rewards and scholarships for high scorers.
The International Maritime Organization (IMO) exam is divided into two levels. Level 1 is intended for students in grades 1 through 12, while Level 2 is designed for steps 3 through 12 who have completed and passed Level 1. For the students of class 6, IMO also conducts other Olympiads like English. Therefore, students are suggested to refer to IEO English Olympiad Previous Year Question Paper Class 6 2015 till the current year.
IMO crucial highlights
- The IMO exam 2021 application forms are distributed and accepted at the school level.
- The IMO Level 1 set A, B, and C tests for SOF IMO 2021 will be administered by the International Maritime Organization and held on December 4 & 5, 2021, December 24 & 26, 2021, and January 8 & 9, 2022, accordingly.
- Students should solve the IMO sample papers 2021 to better understand the examination’s test format and critical topics.
- The projected IMO result 2021 for level 1 will be announced in January 2022.
- The dates for the IMO 2021 Level 2 exams will be revealed in January 2022.
- The level 2 IMO outcome is expected to be revealed in March 2022.
- Students should study the IMO syllabus 2021 for level 2 to pass the exam with flying colors.
Eligibility Criteria for IMO 2021
Students from SOF schools are eligible to apply for IMO. The schools must select any exam date convenient for them and register for it 30 days before the exam day. Students who are interested in taking the SOF IMO exam can do so at their schools. If the schools are not able to compete in the IMO exam, individual applications are accepted. The SOF IMO exam requires at least 10 participants from each school to participate.
- The level 1 IMO examinations paper is for students in grades 1 through 12 who want to examine their academic aptitude in mathematics.
- The IMO test is divided into two levels: Level 1 and Level 2.
- Students who passed the level 1 IMO exam with a minimum score can take the level 2 IMO examination.
Level 1 IMO Exam Eligibility Criteria
Regardless of academic performance, all grades 1 through 12 are entitled to take the Level 1 IMO exam. The reasonable eligibility requirements for level 1 IMO examinations paper contribute to a higher level of engagement among students worldwide. Students in grades 1 to 12 pursuing school in the country or abroad are free to register for the IMO level 1 examination.
Level 2 IMO Exam Eligibility Criteria
Students in Classes 3 through 12 take the IMO Level 2 exams. Students who scored at least a B on the Level 1 IMO test paper are then considered for the Level 2 exam. The following are the requirements for students who want to take the level 2 IMO examination paper.
- At the international level, the top five candidates are eligible for Level 2 tests.
- The Level 2 IMO exam is open to the top 25 students in each classroom and zone.
- The top scorers in each session qualify for the IMO Level 2 exam.
- Position holders from each competing school, with a least ten students from each class taking the examination and scoring 50% or above.
- Students in Classes 1 and 2 are not needed to take the level 2 exam because their grades will be determined by their performance on the level 1 exam.
IMO Application process
- The registration procedure for the 15th International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO) 2021 is outlined below.
- Students interested in competing in the 15th International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO) must participate through their schools.
- The Science Olympiad Foundation does not accept students’ registrations.
- To be registered for SOF IMO, a school must have at least 10 students.
- Any school can register as a center to participate in the 15th International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO) Level 1. This is something that principals and instructors should be aware of. There are no fees associated with attending the school.
- The SOF will send the school registration forms and a brochure.
- Students must obtain an application form from the school and adequately fill out the information.
- All children must complete and return the application form to their respective schools.
- The school will then send the SOF the duly completed and submitted application forms before the deadline.
- Please be aware that any application forms that are wrong or unfinished will be dismissed.
- Cracking IMO sample problems for Class 6 is essential for understanding the IMO exam’s format and structure.
- Students’ basic knowledge needed for mathematical problem-solving will be developed by tackling Class 6 Math Olympiad model papers.
- IMO Example Papers for Class 6 are based on the ICSE, CBSE, and several state boards’ syllabuses; therefore, students will be well prepared to attain great academic results by completing these module papers.
- Answer keys with detailed answers are included in the Class 6 math olympiad model papers so that students can gain a thorough understanding of all topics and methods.
- Module papers for Class 6 children would be able to schedule their preparation sensibly with the help of IMO, sparing a lot of time and energy.
- The Olympiad results will be announced within eight weeks of the examination.
- Officials will send the results to the school. Students can inquire about the outcome by contacting their respective schools.
- Aside from that, the results will be published on the official website.
- Students will examine their strengths and weaknesses using the student achievement report (result card).