In the modern world people can’t live a full life without knowing at least one foreign language. That is the answer to the question why there are so many different language courses now. More and more people of all ages are starting to learning languages for many reasons:
- Work. Many specialties require knowledge of a foreign language. In addition, more and more companies are reaching the international level, starting cooperation with other companies worldwide. Naturally, if you speak several languages, your chances of getting a job in such an organization become higher, as well as the potential salary level. Of course if you want to get a job in foreign banks or branches of foreign companies, fluency in a foreign language is required.
- Travel. Knowledge of a foreign language at least at a basic level will make you feel much more comfortable abroad. And if language proficiency is not limited to phrases such as: “How to get to the airport?” or “Please book me a hotel room”, you can also make new acquaintances and chat with foreigners. Believe us that the impressions after the trip will be absolutely different than if you travel without knowing a language.
- Emigration. If you plan to go to another country for permanent residence in the near future, it is desirable to know the language of this country at a fairly good level before you actually move. This will help you adapt faster to the new environment, find friends and, of course, get a job.
- Friends. Our century is a century of opportunities. The whole world is literally opened up for us. Nobody forbids us to find foreign friends. You can get acquainted with them by participating in various international programs for young people, traveling, as well as just on the world wide web. There are so many platforms for this. Choose the one and start communicating.
- Variety of learning material. If, in the past, studying was boring and you had to spend time sitting at the library, nowadays, it is fun and can really become your hobby. There are a lot of language learning websites like Encore, podcasts, videos, online courses, games, etc. to make your studying an interesting journey!
- Diploma. Many leading universities introduce a foreign language as an entrance exam for various specialties. This means that knowledge of a foreign language will greatly help to enter a prestigious university. In addition, some foreign courses are often included in the curriculum, and in the future students are sent for internships abroad. And, of course, the key to a future successful career can be studying in foreign colleges and universities. Diplomas from universities of the UK, Germany, France, Spain, and other countries are recognized worldwide.
- Easy access to education. Nowadays, in the digital era, it has become much easier to study than it was in the past. People are spending a lot of time with their smartphones, and this is the way of how you can learn fast from any place at any time. According to ComboApp higher education marketing agency, there are more than 500,000 educational apps on the AppStore and Google Play. You just need to choose what you are interested in and download the best application to your mobile device.
- Other interests. These include understanding the culture of another country. For example, you love Italy very much, so you study Italian. It helps to better understand its culture, history, and traditions. Language, in fact, is a tool that helps to lift the curtain on the cultural heritage of the country, the image and lifestyle of its inhabitants, the uniqueness of its environment.
- Another point for which some people start learning languages is to satisfy their own ambitions. Imagine that you are in a new company or team and can boast of knowing a foreign language, or even two. It’s always worthy of respect.