Car insurance is quite complex and most people look no further than the major cover points before they take out a policy, yet we should all take the time to read the small print when insuring our vehicles. Here are a few things connected to auto insurance that you might not know.
- Experienced drivers can be rewarded – If you’ve been driving for 10 years and have never made a claim, you would fall under the category of an ‘experienced driver’ and as insurance is all about risk, some insurers offer a ‘no-claims’ discount for experienced and safe drivers. Why should you pay the same premium as a novice teenage driver?
- Class 3+ Insurance – This is a relatively new class of car insurance that offers almost as much as class 2, but without the extra cost. For the very best deals in auto insurance, https://rabbitcare.com/ are the go-to people in Thailand and everything can be arranged online, giving you instant cover.
- Insurance companies talk to each other – If you made a few claims in the past and think that changing insurers will allow you to get a no-claims bonus, think again. All claims are entered into a central database that all insurers can access, which eliminates the chance of claiming something that is not the truth.
- Vehicle insurers have online reviews – If you would like to find out how easy it is to make a claim with a particular insurance company, there are online reviews from policy holders who did file a claim. While no one wants to make an insurance claim, when we do, it is important to receive prompt service and seeing a lot of happy customers brings peace of mind. If you are thinking of becoming an insurance rep, here is some useful information.
- Instant cover – Gone are the days when you had to wait until the policy drops through your letterbox; the online insurer will issue instant covers when a secure online payment is received. When you are on your way to collect that second hand Audi Quattro, you can arrange cover from your smartphone. You can get a ‘drive any vehicle’ policy, which is ideal for car traders and enthusiasts who are regularly driving other people’s cars.
- Free Class 1 Insurance – You only have to visit a Toyota showroom in Thailand to see the posters offering free class 1 insurance when you put down a deposit on a new vehicle. This is a valuable option that will save you 25,000 baht, which is quite a chunk of change! This would only apply to new vehicles, yet there’s no harm in asking about some free insurance when buying a used car, you might get lucky!
Online solutions make getting the best policy deal a simple task and make sure you read the T&C when taking out a car insurance policy and with a Thai driving licence, you are ready to enjoy independent travel.